Compact Database Functionality in eVB
Author Message
 Compact Database Functionality in eVB

Heya,

        I've experienced errata on several devices where when we perform a
compact database, our SDF file would get deleted and no errors would be
returned.  I've identified this as being related to the Virtual Memory
issue on WinCE devices.  If there is not enough virtual memory
available, the SQL CE libraries don't load properly.  A result of this
is that your SDF file gets completely deleted.

        As a work around, we're going to write the compact database
functionality in eVC++ and compile to a static executable, so as to
avoid using any precious VM space.

        I hope this helps some of you out who may have witnessed this
hair-pulling behavior...

~~K

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:13:52 GMT

1. ADO and Compact and Repair Functionality

2. Beta Control: CCeDocList functionality for eVB

3. evb dll in .net compact frmwk

4. Size of EVB executable and ways to compact it

5. Compact Database no permissions for database

6. Closing database, recordset to compact my database

7. Closing databases, recordset? to compact database

8. Invalid database format error when compacting Access2K database

9. Database Functionality

10. Database functionality

11. Compact Database

12. How can I rename a newly compacted database?