GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
Author Message
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

How can I write a control to Map data from ESRI shape (shp) files ?  Or how do I create my own mapping application ?

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:54:49 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
Check out ESRI ArcPAD.  It will do what you want.

http://www.esri.com/software/arcpad/index.html

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:01:57 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
Yes for a price of $495/unit.  I am looking for something more affordable.
Any other suggestions ?

Quote:
> Check out ESRI ArcPAD.  It will do what you want.

> http://www.esri.com/software/arcpad/index.html

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:29:56 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
There are some Shapefile readers that are much cheaper, but they don't allow
you the flexability that ArcPAD does.  Just do a search in Google and you'll
find them.  I'll look on my workstation at work on Monday and post some
others that I've used...

Quote:
> Yes for a price of $495/unit.  I am looking for something more affordable.
> Any other suggestions ?

> > Check out ESRI ArcPAD.  It will do what you want.

> > http://www.esri.com/software/arcpad/index.html

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:57:34 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
These readers you metion are compatible or have been ported to work on
WindowsCE or PocketPC, I assume ?

Thanks for looking and replying.

Quote:
> There are some Shapefile readers that are much cheaper, but they don't
allow
> you the flexability that ArcPAD does.  Just do a search in Google and
you'll
> find them.  I'll look on my workstation at work on Monday and post some
> others that I've used...

> > Yes for a price of $495/unit.  I am looking for something more
affordable.
> > Any other suggestions ?

> > > Check out ESRI ArcPAD.  It will do what you want.

> > > http://www.esri.com/software/arcpad/index.html

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:18:58 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
Sorry its taken me so long.  My wife and I just had a baby so I won't be
going in to the office until next week.  This was about a week early so I
got caught off guard.  I'll post it on Monday if that is good with you.

Quote:
> These readers you metion are compatible or have been ported to work on
> WindowsCE or PocketPC, I assume ?

> Thanks for looking and replying.

> > There are some Shapefile readers that are much cheaper, but they don't
> allow
> > you the flexability that ArcPAD does.  Just do a search in Google and
> you'll
> > find them.  I'll look on my workstation at work on Monday and post some
> > others that I've used...

> > > Yes for a price of $495/unit.  I am looking for something more
> affordable.
> > > Any other suggestions ?

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:15:59 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

Quote:
> Sorry its taken me so long.  My wife and I just had a baby so I won't be
> going in to the office until next week.  This was about a week early so I
> got caught off guard.  I'll post it on Monday if that is good with you.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself. A few of us'll probably look forward to your

:-)

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:50:16 GMT
 GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial
Mike,

MapInfo has an SDK called MapX Mobile.  You can download a free
demo+data+samples from their website at:

http://dynamo.mapinfo.com/miproducts/Overview.cfm?productid=1661

The eval is not time-limited (I don't think), but there's a big banner
that is displayed all the time :).  Runtime licenses are NOT free, but
you'll have to contact MapInfo for pricing.

Jim

Quote:

> Yes for a price of $495/unit.  I am looking for something more affordable.
> Any other suggestions ?

> > Check out ESRI ArcPAD.  It will do what you want.

> > http://www.esri.com/software/arcpad/index.html

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:27:27 GMT

1. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

2. Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development

3. Pocket PC development

4. VB .NET development for Pocket PC

5. GPS/GIS Programmers

6. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

7. new deVBuzz article - How I used SQL Server CE in my eVB application

8. Pocket Access development without Pocket Access?

9. Switching to new Pocket PC

10. New Pocket PC iPaq H3870 & eVB

11. New eVB article: Registering Active-X Controls on the Pocket PC

12. Invoking a desktop application from Pocket PC