mdb - cdb conversion
Author Message
 mdb - cdb conversion

does anyone have any code/software to convert mdb database to cdb pocket
database file? The software MUST run on PC.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:40:56 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
To the best of my knowledge, conversion software (running only on the
desktop) does not exist.

Sorry,
Fitz

Quote:

>does anyone have any code/software to convert mdb database to cdb pocket
>database file? The software MUST run on PC.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:54:43 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
You can find a tool at
http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_convert_database_mdb_to_cdb_pg1.asp
(Take care: When a table has no index, then an empty line is in the
.tdb.-file. Delete it an the Program works fine. With the tool converted
.cdbs don't work on WinCE ?!)

much luck, Peter

Quote:
> does anyone have any code/software to convert mdb database to cdb pocket
> database file? The software MUST run on PC.

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:15:33 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
Thanks.... it seems to work...
have you seen the source code anywhere (mdg->cdb)...

Quote:
> You can find a tool at
> http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_convert_database_mdb_to_cdb_pg1.asp
> (Take care: When a table has no index, then an empty line is in the
> .tdb.-file. Delete it an the Program works fine. With the tool converted
> .cdbs don't work on WinCE ?!)

> much luck, Peter

> > does anyone have any code/software to convert mdb database to cdb pocket
> > database file? The software MUST run on PC.

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:05:49 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
Alex,

Careful... if you're simply trying to convert the .mdb to a .cdb for use in
emulation you've found the right utility.

However, if you plan to distribute the resulting .cdb for use on a PocketPC
it won't work.  From what I've seen .cdb's created for emulation and those
created for the PocketPC are not interchangeable (probably due to WinCE's
use of UniCode on the PocketPC).

HTH,
Fitz

Quote:

>Thanks.... it seems to work...
>have you seen the source code anywhere (mdg->cdb)...

>> You can find a tool at
>> http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_convert_database_mdb_to_cdb_pg1.asp
>> (Take care: When a table has no index, then an empty line is in the
>> .tdb.-file. Delete it an the Program works fine. With the tool converted
>> .cdbs don't work on WinCE ?!)

>> much luck, Peter

>> > does anyone have any code/software to convert mdb database to cdb
pocket
>> > database file? The software MUST run on PC.

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:59:42 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
<<From what I've seen .cdb's created for emulation and those
created for the PocketPC are not interchangeable (probably due to WinCE's
use of UniCode on the PocketPC).>>

Can you elaborate on this statement?

Quote:
> Alex,

> Careful... if you're simply trying to convert the .mdb to a .cdb for use
in
> emulation you've found the right utility.

> However, if you plan to distribute the resulting .cdb for use on a
PocketPC
> it won't work.  From what I've seen .cdb's created for emulation and those
> created for the PocketPC are not interchangeable (probably due to WinCE's
> use of UniCode on the PocketPC).

> HTH,
> Fitz

> >Thanks.... it seems to work...
> >have you seen the source code anywhere (mdg->cdb)...

> >> You can find a tool at
> >> http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_convert_database_mdb_to_cdb_pg1.asp
> >> (Take care: When a table has no index, then an empty line is in the
> >> .tdb.-file. Delete it an the Program works fine. With the tool
converted
> >> .cdbs don't work on WinCE ?!)

> >> much luck, Peter

> pocket

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:54:27 GMT
 mdb - cdb conversion
chiro,

WinCE uses UniCode (double-byte) when storing any/all text data.   To the
best of my knowledge the desktop (x86 based) emulator code is incapable of
reading this format and will raise errors when you attempt it.

I've seen many people try to copy a .cdb (with the ActiveSync filter turned
off) from the device to the desktop emulator directory - only to get errors
when attempting to read it there.

Rgds,
Fitz

Quote:

><<From what I've seen .cdb's created for emulation and those
>created for the PocketPC are not interchangeable (probably due to WinCE's
>use of UniCode on the PocketPC).>>

>Can you elaborate on this statement?

>> Alex,

>> Careful... if you're simply trying to convert the .mdb to a .cdb for use
>in
>> emulation you've found the right utility.

>> However, if you plan to distribute the resulting .cdb for use on a
>PocketPC
>> it won't work.  From what I've seen .cdb's created for emulation and
those
>> created for the PocketPC are not interchangeable (probably due to WinCE's
>> use of UniCode on the PocketPC).

>> HTH,
>> Fitz

>> >Thanks.... it seems to work...
>> >have you seen the source code anywhere (mdg->cdb)...

http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_convert_database_mdb_to_cdb_pg1.asp

>converted

>> pocket

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:28:12 GMT

1. Tables Missing from ActiveSync MDB-CDB conversion

2. ATTENTION Experts and Gurus - Conversion from MDB to CDB

3. Conversion from mdb to cdb fails badly!!!!

4. WHY IS THE CONVERSION TO CDB SUCH A PAIN

5. Synchronize data between cdb and mdb files

6. synchronise .cdb and .mdb

7. .cdb or .mdb in Emulator

8. Convert MDB to CDB to path on PC

9. how to convert .mdb to .cdb?