eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Author Message
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE

I am trying to connect using ADOCE 3.1 on eVB.
I have an HP Jornanda 420 Palm-size PC (WinCE2.11). The reference to
ADOCE3.1 is added in eVB using Project -> References ->Microsoft CE
ADO Control 3.1
Getting the same error on Emulator Palm-size PC2.11

Code:

Dim objConnection 'Declare a variable for the connection
Dim objRecordset 'Declare a variable for the recordset
Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
Set objRecordset = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")

Application Error:

An Error was encountered while running this program. ActiveX
componenet can't create object: 'CreateObject'

Any help!!!!

Syed

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 06:11:12 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Try Opening the connection before creating the Recordset object.  That took care
of the problem on my system.
Quote:
I am trying to connect using ADOCE 3.1 on eVB.
I have an HP Jornanda 420 Palm-size PC (WinCE2.11). The reference to
ADOCE3.1 is added in eVB using Project -> References ->Microsoft CE
ADO Control 3.1
Getting the same error on Emulator Palm-size PC2.11

Code:

Dim objConnection 'Declare a variable for the connection
Dim objRecordset 'Declare a variable for the recordset
Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
Set objRecordset = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")

Application Error:

An Error was encountered while running this program. ActiveX
componenet can't create object: 'CreateObject'

Any help!!!!

Syed

.

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:55:38 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Fred:

Thanks for the response. Still getting the same error. I tried opening
the connection using the following code

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Dim connDatabase
Set connDatabase = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
connDatabase.ConnectionString = "data source = \physician.cdb"
connDatabase.Open

End Sub

What I am doing wrong......!!!!!

Syed

Quote:

> Try Opening the connection before creating the Recordset object.  That
> took care
> of the problem on my system.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:32:44 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Fred:

Thanks for the response. Still getting the same error. I tried opening
the connection using the following code

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Dim connDatabase
Set connDatabase = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
connDatabase.ConnectionString = "data source = \physician.cdb"
connDatabase.Open

End Sub

What I am doing wrong......!!!!!

Syed

Quote:

> Try Opening the connection before creating the Recordset object.  That
> took care
> of the problem on my system.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:53:13 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Hi,

Try ...

    connDatabase .ConnectionString = "provider=cedb;data
source=\physician.cdb;"

... for the connection. Works for me

Jeff Law
DataMasta Limited
http://www.datamasta.co.nz

Quote:
> Fred:

> Thanks for the response. Still getting the same error. I tried opening
> the connection using the following code

> Private Sub Command1_Click()

> Dim connDatabase
> Set connDatabase = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
> connDatabase.ConnectionString = "data source = \physician.cdb"
> connDatabase.Open

> End Sub

> What I am doing wrong......!!!!!

> Syed

> > Try Opening the connection before creating the Recordset object.  That
> > took care
> > of the problem on my system.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 03:32:56 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Syed,

Try dropping the "data source =" from the ConnectionString statement and see
if that works.  I.E.:

connDatabase.ConnectionString = "\physician.cdb"

Also make sure that "\physician.cdb" is the fully-qualified path (WinCE
doesn't understand relative paths).

HTH,
Fitz

Quote:
>Fred:

>Thanks for the response. Still getting the same error. I tried opening
>the connection using the following code

>Private Sub Command1_Click()

>Dim connDatabase
>Set connDatabase = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
>connDatabase.ConnectionString = "data source = \physician.cdb"
>connDatabase.Open

>End Sub

>What I am doing wrong......!!!!!

>Syed

>> Try Opening the connection before creating the Recordset object.  That
>> took care
>> of the problem on my system.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:00:21 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Hi,

I am using ADOCE 3.0 and tried to use rs.find

But it says, unspecified error.

I hope rs.find works  ? .....

Can anyone please help me out ?

Regards

Moin

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:46:15 GMT
 eVB: Cannot connect to ADOCE
Moin,

There are problems with .Find - some say it works, others say it doesn't.
If it's practical to change your code, you might try using the SQL SELECT
statement (passed via rs.Open) - that DOES work and has similar capability.

HTH,
Fitz

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am using ADOCE 3.0 and tried to use rs.find

>But it says, unspecified error.

>I hope rs.find works  ? .....

>Can anyone please help me out ?

>Regards

>Moin

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:09:48 GMT

1. eVB: cannot load to device while AciveSync is connected

2. Adding ADOCE control in eVB

3. Help with ADOCE and Dateformat in eVB

4. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object

5. ADOCE and DATE type of evb

6. Does ADOCE 3.1 do weird things to eVB?

7. New eVB/ADOCE/Pocket Access Book Released!

8. ADOCE / eVB Memory Leak - Fixed, but still Occurring

9. ADOCE Index using eVB??

10. ADOCE exits my aplication (eVB)

11. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

12. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server