ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1 
Author Message
 ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1

Hello ...

An application that I've developed works fine under ADOCE3.0.  It runs
great UNTIL an application is installed to the device that updates the
system to ADOCE3.1.  As soon as 3.1 is installed, my application dies.
 No longer able to create databases for example.

Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the following code to
create my connections:

Set cConn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

Is there a way to be able to check if 3.1 is installed? If it is
possible, I could then change all my references from 3.0 to 3.1.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

This is an extremely frustrating situation, so I appreciate any help
you may have.  I've searched far/wide for a solution to this, but as
yet have been unsuccessful.

Thanks.



Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:48:31 GMT  
 ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1
tde,

I think your problem might be with the way your creating your object.

When up grade to ADOCE 3.1 you should change the string in create object to
ADOCE.Connection.3.1

I did have a similar problem and after making sure I had all the correct
DLL's it still didn't work. I had forgotten to change the 0 to  a 1.

Just a thought,


Quote:
> Hello ...

> An application that I've developed works fine under ADOCE3.0.  It runs
> great UNTIL an application is installed to the device that updates the
> system to ADOCE3.1.  As soon as 3.1 is installed, my application dies.
>  No longer able to create databases for example.

> Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the following code to
> create my connections:

> Set cConn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

> Is there a way to be able to check if 3.1 is installed? If it is
> possible, I could then change all my references from 3.0 to 3.1.
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

> This is an extremely frustrating situation, so I appreciate any help
> you may have.  I've searched far/wide for a solution to this, but as
> yet have been unsuccessful.

> Thanks.



Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:13:32 GMT  
 ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1
Yeah,

But what he meant is : if the user installs another software which use Adoce
3.1 instead of Adoce 3.0... how can is program know which one is installed
(of the two version) in order to create the proper object !

Best,
Chris

Quote:
> tde,

> I think your problem might be with the way your creating your object.

> When up grade to ADOCE 3.1 you should change the string in create object
to
> ADOCE.Connection.3.1

> I did have a similar problem and after making sure I had all the correct
> DLL's it still didn't work. I had forgotten to change the 0 to  a 1.

> Just a thought,



> > Hello ...

> > An application that I've developed works fine under ADOCE3.0.  It runs
> > great UNTIL an application is installed to the device that updates the
> > system to ADOCE3.1.  As soon as 3.1 is installed, my application dies.
> >  No longer able to create databases for example.

> > Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the following code to
> > create my connections:

> > Set cConn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

> > Is there a way to be able to check if 3.1 is installed? If it is
> > possible, I could then change all my references from 3.0 to 3.1.
> > Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

> > This is an extremely frustrating situation, so I appreciate any help
> > you may have.  I've searched far/wide for a solution to this, but as
> > yet have been unsuccessful.

> > Thanks.



Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:06:44 GMT  
 ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1
tde,

Create the 3.0 object and check for an error.  If there's an error then
create a 3.1 object.
You'll beed to do this for the recordset and connection object.  The best
way to go about it is to check once at program start and save to a global
variable.

You should also create a global function for creating recordsets.
Here's something to get you started:

Option Explicit

Private gblnADOCE30 As Boolean
Private gdbLocalCN As ADOCE.Connection

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim rsTemp  As ADOCE.Recordset

    Set rsTemp = CreateADOCERecordset

    rsTemp.Open "MyTable", gdbLocalCN, 2

    MsgBox rsTemp.RecordCount

    If rsTemp.State <> 0 Then rsTemp.Close
    Set rsTemp = Nothing
End Sub

Public Function CreateADOCERecordset() As Variant
    Dim rsTemp As ADOCE.Recordset

    If gblnADOCE30 Then
        Set rsTemp = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.0")
    Else
        Set rsTemp = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")
    End If

    Set CreateADOCERecordset = rsTemp
End Function

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim strConn

    On Error Resume Next
    Err.Clear

    strConn = "mydb.cdb"

    Set gdbLocalCN = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")
    gblnADOCE30 = True
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        Err.Clear
        Set gdbLocalCN = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
        gblnADOCE30 = False
    End If

    gdbLocalCN.Open strConn

End Sub

Hope this helps,

Brian Crosby


Quote:
> Yeah,

> But what he meant is : if the user installs another software which use
Adoce
> 3.1 instead of Adoce 3.0... how can is program know which one is installed
> (of the two version) in order to create the proper object !

> Best,
> Chris


> > tde,

> > I think your problem might be with the way your creating your object.

> > When up grade to ADOCE 3.1 you should change the string in create object
> to
> > ADOCE.Connection.3.1

> > I did have a similar problem and after making sure I had all the correct
> > DLL's it still didn't work. I had forgotten to change the 0 to  a 1.

> > Just a thought,



> > > Hello ...

> > > An application that I've developed works fine under ADOCE3.0.  It runs
> > > great UNTIL an application is installed to the device that updates the
> > > system to ADOCE3.1.  As soon as 3.1 is installed, my application dies.
> > >  No longer able to create databases for example.

> > > Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the following code to
> > > create my connections:

> > > Set cConn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

> > > Is there a way to be able to check if 3.1 is installed? If it is
> > > possible, I could then change all my references from 3.0 to 3.1.
> > > Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

> > > This is an extremely frustrating situation, so I appreciate any help
> > > you may have.  I've searched far/wide for a solution to this, but as
> > > yet have been unsuccessful.

> > > Thanks.



Sat, 29 Nov 2003 02:40:30 GMT  
 ADOCE 3.0 / 3.1
Brian ... THANK YOU!

I haven't tried this yet, but it sure looks like it will work.  I
appreciate it very much.  I figured there had to be a simple way
around this! ;-)

Quote:

> tde,

> Create the 3.0 object and check for an error.  If there's an error then
> create a 3.1 object.
> You'll beed to do this for the recordset and connection object.  The best
> way to go about it is to check once at program start and save to a global
> variable.

> You should also create a global function for creating recordsets.
> Here's something to get you started:

> Option Explicit

> Private gblnADOCE30 As Boolean
> Private gdbLocalCN As ADOCE.Connection

> Private Sub Command1_Click()
>     Dim rsTemp  As ADOCE.Recordset

>     Set rsTemp = CreateADOCERecordset

>     rsTemp.Open "MyTable", gdbLocalCN, 2

>     MsgBox rsTemp.RecordCount

>     If rsTemp.State <> 0 Then rsTemp.Close
>     Set rsTemp = Nothing
> End Sub

> Public Function CreateADOCERecordset() As Variant
>     Dim rsTemp As ADOCE.Recordset

>     If gblnADOCE30 Then
>         Set rsTemp = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.0")
>     Else
>         Set rsTemp = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")
>     End If

>     Set CreateADOCERecordset = rsTemp
> End Function

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Dim strConn

>     On Error Resume Next
>     Err.Clear

>     strConn = "mydb.cdb"

>     Set gdbLocalCN = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")
>     gblnADOCE30 = True
>     If Err.Number <> 0 Then
>         Err.Clear
>         Set gdbLocalCN = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
>         gblnADOCE30 = False
>     End If

>     gdbLocalCN.Open strConn

> End Sub

> Hope this helps,

> Brian Crosby



> > Yeah,

> > But what he meant is : if the user installs another software which use
>  Adoce
> > 3.1 instead of Adoce 3.0... how can is program know which one is installed
> > (of the two version) in order to create the proper object !

> > Best,
> > Chris


> > > tde,

> > > I think your problem might be with the way your creating your object.

> > > When up grade to ADOCE 3.1 you should change the string in create object
>  to
> > > ADOCE.Connection.3.1

> > > I did have a similar problem and after making sure I had all the correct
> > > DLL's it still didn't work. I had forgotten to change the 0 to  a 1.

> > > Just a thought,



> > > > Hello ...

> > > > An application that I've developed works fine under ADOCE3.0.  It runs
> > > > great UNTIL an application is installed to the device that updates the
> > > > system to ADOCE3.1.  As soon as 3.1 is installed, my application dies.
> > > >  No longer able to create databases for example.

> > > > Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the following code to
> > > > create my connections:

> > > > Set cConn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

> > > > Is there a way to be able to check if 3.1 is installed? If it is
> > > > possible, I could then change all my references from 3.0 to 3.1.
> > > > Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

> > > > This is an extremely frustrating situation, so I appreciate any help
> > > > you may have.  I've searched far/wide for a solution to this, but as
> > > > yet have been unsuccessful.

> > > > Thanks.



Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:42:40 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Install Wizard only sees ADOCE 3.0 (not 3.1)

2. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object

3. Update ADOCE 3.0 to ADOCE 3.1 in eVB - how?

4. ADOCE 3.1 trouble

5. Getting ADOCE 3.1 installed on an old iPAQ 3650 Pocket PC 2002

6. ADOCE 3.1 - System Hang

7. SQLCE2.0 and ADOCE 3.1 Connection Property

8. ADOCE 3.1

9. How to install MS ADOCE 3.1 ??

10. ADOCE 3.1 and Where Clause

11. ADOCE 3.1 Access Specifications

12. SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software