RAS alternatives with eVB?
Author Message
 RAS alternatives with eVB?

Any suggestions out there on how to connect a CE device using RAS through
eVB? I apparently cant use the API set because of the lack of user definable
types. I've searched fairly extensively for a 3rd party RAS control but not
found one for CE. I thought about using the CreateProcess method and
launching the dial up connection but I cant programmatically close it?
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for any help,

--
Stephen Hilliard

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:42:59 GMT
 RAS alternatives with eVB?
Stephen,

If FTP is your goal (via RAS) you might want to check some of the articles
posted on devbuzz.com - they may be of assistance.

If, on the other hand, you really need RAS, I can't offer much assistance
without directing you to 3rd-party Controls.

HTH,
Fitz

Quote:

>Any suggestions out there on how to connect a CE device using RAS through
>eVB? I apparently cant use the API set because of the lack of user
definable
>types. I've searched fairly extensively for a 3rd party RAS control but not
>found one for CE. I thought about using the CreateProcess method and
>launching the dial up connection but I cant programmatically close it?
>Anyone got any ideas?

>Thanks for any help,

>--
>Stephen Hilliard

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:01:26 GMT
 RAS alternatives with eVB?
Thanks for the note. Do you know of any 3rd party controls for the CE
platform that deal with RAS?

Thanks,

Steve Hilliard

Quote:
> Stephen,

> If FTP is your goal (via RAS) you might want to check some of the articles
> posted on devbuzz.com - they may be of assistance.

> If, on the other hand, you really need RAS, I can't offer much assistance
> without directing you to 3rd-party Controls.

> HTH,
> Fitz

> >Any suggestions out there on how to connect a CE device using RAS through
> >eVB? I apparently cant use the API set because of the lack of user
> definable
> >types. I've searched fairly extensively for a 3rd party RAS control but
not
> >found one for CE. I thought about using the CreateProcess method and
> >launching the dial up connection but I cant programmatically close it?
> >Anyone got any ideas?

> >Thanks for any help,

> >--
> >Stephen Hilliard

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:32:06 GMT
 RAS alternatives with eVB?
Try John Clavey's SapphireRAS DLL.  He has a sample app that includes an FTP
example.  In my app, I dial up, do some processing and FTP, and then hang
up.  It works great.

See http://devbuzz.com/content/zinc_eVB_RAS_and_FTP_pg1.asp

-Ed

Quote:
> Thanks for the note. Do you know of any 3rd party controls for the CE
> platform that deal with RAS?

> Thanks,

> Steve Hilliard

> > Stephen,

> > If FTP is your goal (via RAS) you might want to check some of the
articles
> > posted on devbuzz.com - they may be of assistance.

> > If, on the other hand, you really need RAS, I can't offer much
assistance
> > without directing you to 3rd-party Controls.

> > HTH,
> > Fitz

> > >Any suggestions out there on how to connect a CE device using RAS
through
> > >eVB? I apparently cant use the API set because of the lack of user
> > definable
> > >types. I've searched fairly extensively for a 3rd party RAS control but
> not
> > >found one for CE. I thought about using the CreateProcess method and
> > >launching the dial up connection but I cant programmatically close it?
> > >Anyone got any ideas?

> > >Thanks for any help,

> > >--
> > >Stephen Hilliard

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:38:58 GMT

1. alternatives to eVB install wizard?

2. new at deVBuzz.com - alternative eVB datepicker

3. SENDKEYS alternative for eVB?

4. RAS & Winsock Control - eVB

5. Make a RAS profile call with eVB

6. RAS DLL for use in eVB

7. Start RAS connection from eVB

8. Alternative to VB6, and open source alternative

9. Launching eVB app from eVB app...

10. eVb sucks -is there no API in eVB???

11. eVb and Microsoft sucks....Can't I play mp3 files in eVB

12. eVB article: Shutting Down External Applications from eVB