No Forms are available to generate events
Author Message
 No Forms are available to generate events

Thanks for the quick reply Keld.

I have tried both Warm & Cold boots - no luck.

I didn't restore the entire app - just the .ebp file.   I have done too many
changes to throw them all away...

BUT - it did upload the old version (in its entirety) and it worked.

I'd just like to know what it is that I have done.

Quote:

> > I am desperate to resolve this - I need to deploy this app in 2 days!

> Since restoring the old app doesn't resolve the problem; have you tried
> warm- or cold-booting the device?

> I saw that error some months ago, but can't remember specifically what I
did
> to make it go away.

> Keld Laursen

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:44:38 GMT
 No Forms are available to generate events
I worked it out.

I had accidentally set the Enabled Property of the Form (instead of a Text
Box) to False on the Start-Up form.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Quote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Keld.

> I have tried both Warm & Cold boots - no luck.

> I didn't restore the entire app - just the .ebp file.   I have done too
many
> changes to throw them all away...

> BUT - it did upload the old version (in its entirety) and it worked.

> I'd just like to know what it is that I have done.

> > > I am desperate to resolve this - I need to deploy this app in 2 days!

> > Since restoring the old app doesn't resolve the problem; have you tried
> > warm- or cold-booting the device?

> > I saw that error some months ago, but can't remember specifically what I
> did
> > to make it go away.

> > Keld Laursen

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:54:32 GMT
 No Forms are available to generate events
I have been developing with eVB for a long while now and have just come
across an error for the first time:

Application Error dialog box:  "No Forms are available to generate events.
The application will be terminated".  The application doesn't actually
terminate - it does continue, however, the "OK" on Error Dialog box is not
selectable and thus cannot be closed.

To give you some background, I tried clearing the Caption on all forms in my
App with the exception of the Start-Up Form, so the Title Bar will remain
the same for all forms, thus (hoping) it would give me a single entry in the
Memory Management window and also ensure that only one instance of the
application was active at any one time.

The first time I compiled the app after making these changes and uploaded to
it my PDA - I received this message.  So I restored the Form Captions and
recompiled - same problem.  I then compared the source for one specific form
(after restoring the Captions) with an old version from a few days ago and
it was identical.  Then I compared the Project File (.ebp) with an old
version, the only difference was the EXEName32, Path32 and RevisionVer
parameters.  None-the-less, I copied the old .ebp into my current working
directory, fired it up and I still have the problem.

I cannot find any documentation on this error - anywhere.

I am desperate to resolve this - I need to deploy this app in 2 days!

Thanks

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:12:23 GMT

1. To generate a Event in a Form from a Dll

2. To generate a Event in a Form from a Dll

3. To generate a Event in a Form from a Dll

4. To generate a Event in a Form from a Dll

5. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP, am I going MAD - Generating Totals

6. "No Forms are available to generate events"

7. ActiveX control or Available Code to Generate SQL

8. 3rd party generated forms not in Forms collection

9. looks like I am losing events but ...

10. What event/procedure am I in?

11. How to manage events in code-generated controls

12. How to Generate an Event out of user32.dll