Database in Pocket PC installation Package...
Author Message
 Database in Pocket PC installation Package...

Hi,

Has anyone tried to include and send a database file (.cdb) with a Pocket PC
application package using eVB 3.0?

We have tried including a .cdb database file to our installation package
that works fine in the emulator... but when sending this file with our
application installer, created using "Application Install Wizard in eVB
3.0", the database file becomes unusable on the device when installed on the
device.

Any comments on the above would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.
WSM

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:34:05 GMT
 Database in Pocket PC installation Package...

Hi Waseem,
Are you Wasseem from the Kolyiat el dobat (118) ?

 I think the issue here is the known case of creating the cdb on the
emulator and trying to access it on the device.  The emulator CDB format is
not compatible with the Device CDB format.
so I think you should make your database on the device and copy it (without
convert to your setup CD)

 I hope this will help,
Tamer Marzouk

Quote:
> Hi,

> Has anyone tried to include and send a database file (.cdb) with a Pocket
PC
> application package using eVB 3.0?

> We have tried including a .cdb database file to our installation package
> that works fine in the emulator... but when sending this file with our
> application installer, created using "Application Install Wizard in eVB
> 3.0", the database file becomes unusable on the device when installed on
the
> device.

> Any comments on the above would be highly appreciated.

> Thank you for your support.
> WSM

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:01:18 GMT

1. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

2. database from pocket pc to desktop pc

3. Installation of Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 with Pocket PC

4. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

5. PC-Install--Professional installation package

6. PC-Install--professional installation package

7. PC-Install--professional installation package

8. Pocket PC 2002 emulator and database

9. import export data in pocket pc databases

10. pocket pc database

11. read blob data from sql server ce database in pocket pc

12. pocket PC database