Reducing downloading time
Author Message
 Reducing downloading time

I have developed for Pocket PC using EVB,I have also developed data transfer
routine (from MS SQL SERVER to Pocket Access via MS Access), but it is
taking almost 2 minutes.

In the data transfer, I used desktoptodevice & devicetodesktop API.

I want to reduce this time. rememer that we have to download 40 Pocket PC
each morning

thanks in advance

Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:35:50 GMT
 Reducing downloading time
Hi!

At first: How many records you have to transfer?

mfg
Hagen
www.cecode.de

Quote:
> I have developed for Pocket PC using EVB,I have also developed data
transfer
> routine (from MS SQL SERVER to Pocket Access via MS Access), but it is
> taking almost 2 minutes.

> In the data transfer, I used desktoptodevice & devicetodesktop API.

> I want to reduce this time. rememer that we have to download 40 Pocket PC
> each morning

> thanks in advance

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:19:01 GMT
 Reducing downloading time
Hi!

One way is to syncronize a complete mdb->.cdb-file. I Think it must be
possible to copy this file by using the rapi-functions.(i havent done this)
Is your connection serial or usb based? The transfer-time is real i think, i
have the same result with near 2000 records (i am using usb) . Changes the
reference-data everytime? I use a little trick: my applications tests out
both tables before the sync starts. Are both tables equal, i make no sync.

regards
Hagen

Quote:
> I have 6 tables to transfer;

> 1) Product                      - 60 records
> 2) Batches of product     - 100 records
> 3) Customer                   - 75 records
> 4) Invoice Header          - 75 records
> 5) Invoice Detail            - 750 records
> 6) some small tables like bank, visit etc (max. 100 records in all tables)

> So total records are 1160 approx. but the size of record of one table is
> different than other table

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:00:42 GMT
 Reducing downloading time
Hi!

Before going to transfer data, first I transfer the required data from MS
SQL SERVER to MS Access, then I transfer MS ACCESS file to Pocket Access
file using desktoptodevice rapi. I am using serial port.

by the way how you check both tables?

regards
Lateef

Quote:
> Hi!

> One way is to syncronize a complete mdb->.cdb-file. I Think it must be
> possible to copy this file by using the rapi-functions.(i havent done
this)
> Is your connection serial or usb based? The transfer-time is real i think,
> have the same result with near 2000 records (i am using usb) . Changes the
> reference-data everytime? I use a little trick: my applications tests out
> both tables before the sync starts. Are both tables equal, i make no sync.

> regards
> Hagen

> > I have 6 tables to transfer;

> > 1) Product                      - 60 records
> > 2) Batches of product     - 100 records
> > 3) Customer                   - 75 records
> > 4) Invoice Header          - 75 records
> > 5) Invoice Detail            - 750 records
> > 6) some small tables like bank, visit etc (max. 100 records in all
tables)

> > So total records are 1160 approx. but the size of record of one table is
> > different than other table

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 05:08:17 GMT
 Reducing downloading time
Hi Abdul!

My trick is very simple. I set one registry-entry for _each_ table (named
like the table itself) in form of DWORD on my pocketpc. All table entrys
starts with 0. On my desktop database there is a table with longint-fields
for every desktop-table. The table has only one record. If i make changes on
one of my desktop-tables, i increment the associated table-field. On the
sync i test the pocket-pc-registry-values out: if they are equal, no sync
for this table is needed. You can use triggers in insert, delete and update
to increment the desktop "table-version-table". Its really simple i know,
but my experience are very good.

bye
Hagen

Quote:
> Hi!

> Before going to transfer data, first I transfer the required data from MS
> SQL SERVER to MS Access, then I transfer MS ACCESS file to Pocket Access
> file using desktoptodevice rapi. I am using serial port.

> by the way how you check both tables?

> regards
> Lateef

> > Hi!

> > One way is to syncronize a complete mdb->.cdb-file. I Think it must be
> > possible to copy this file by using the rapi-functions.(i havent done
> this)
> > Is your connection serial or usb based? The transfer-time is real i
think,
> > have the same result with near 2000 records (i am using usb) . Changes
the
> > reference-data everytime? I use a little trick: my applications tests
out
> > both tables before the sync starts. Are both tables equal, i make no
sync.

> > regards
> > Hagen

> > > I have 6 tables to transfer;

> > > 1) Product                      - 60 records
> > > 2) Batches of product     - 100 records
> > > 3) Customer                   - 75 records
> > > 4) Invoice Header          - 75 records
> > > 5) Invoice Detail            - 750 records
> > > 6) some small tables like bank, visit etc (max. 100 records in all
> tables)

> > > So total records are 1160 approx. but the size of record of one table
is
> > > different than other table

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:03:03 GMT

1. Need to reduce time of SQL query

2. WebClient - .DownloadFile : can't download a second time

3. Anyone have time to download a zip file?

4. How to Set Mail Download Time Programmatically?

5. Download new version every time.

6. Behaviors Downloading Multiple Times

7. Download time

8. Download time

9. inet problems, take a long time to finish downloading

10. Measuring Download Time using FTP

11. How to Set Mail Download Time Programmatically?

12. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download