.cdb file in Target vs Emulator ???
Author Message
 .cdb file in Target vs Emulator ???

hi,

i have an application written in eVB3 running on Symbol 2800 pocket PC
(windows ce 3.0)
on 1st time the application creates a local empty db file (.cdb)
and then the DB gets update by data arrived from the desktop from another
app i have (not the activesync)

since i have the .cdb file full with data on my target i want to use it in
the simulator as well.
i copied the file from the target pocket pc to the appropriate folder of the
emulator

BUT my application, when running on the emulator can not work with this
file.
it give an error message for the statement :
    objConn.Open (getdbPath())

what is wrong ?
is it possible that the ADOCE object on my target not the same as on my
desktop emulator ?
how can i check that ?  what to do ?
is it safe to install PocketPC 2002 SDK ?

thanks rafi

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:24:34 GMT
 .cdb file in Target vs Emulator ???
A cdb from a device is not the same as a cdb on the emulator, especially
with the older Pocket PC emulator, and they cannot be interchanged.  You
really need to generate the cdb on the emulator itself.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> hi,

> i have an application written in eVB3 running on Symbol 2800 pocket PC
> (windows ce 3.0)
> on 1st time the application creates a local empty db file (.cdb)
> and then the DB gets update by data arrived from the desktop from another
> app i have (not the activesync)

> since i have the .cdb file full with data on my target i want to use it in
> the simulator as well.
> i copied the file from the target pocket pc to the appropriate folder of
the
> emulator

> BUT my application, when running on the emulator can not work with this
> file.
> it give an error message for the statement :
>     objConn.Open (getdbPath())

> what is wrong ?
> is it possible that the ADOCE object on my target not the same as on my
> desktop emulator ?
> how can i check that ?  what to do ?
> is it safe to install PocketPC 2002 SDK ?

> thanks rafi

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:34:40 GMT
 .cdb file in Target vs Emulator ???
Check out
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/technicalarticles/emuldemo.asp

Quote:
> hi,

> i have an application written in eVB3 running on Symbol 2800 pocket PC
> (windows ce 3.0)
> on 1st time the application creates a local empty db file (.cdb)
> and then the DB gets update by data arrived from the desktop from another
> app i have (not the activesync)

> since i have the .cdb file full with data on my target i want to use it in
> the simulator as well.
> i copied the file from the target pocket pc to the appropriate folder of
the
> emulator

> BUT my application, when running on the emulator can not work with this
> file.
> it give an error message for the statement :
>     objConn.Open (getdbPath())

> what is wrong ?
> is it possible that the ADOCE object on my target not the same as on my
> desktop emulator ?
> how can i check that ?  what to do ?
> is it safe to install PocketPC 2002 SDK ?

> thanks rafi

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:25:46 GMT

1. strange behaviour with emulator and cdb-files

2. Using a CDB-file in Emulator

3. .cdb or .mdb in Emulator

4. .cdb Database in the emulator

5. How to copy .cdb to emulator?

6. deVBuzz.com - Accessing a cdb database in the emulator

7. ADOCE 3.1 PROBLEM IN EMULATOR AS TARGET DEVICE

8. XML VS cdb

9. Copy cdb from device to desktop and remain cdb

10. Emulator vs Device Database dilemma?

11. I want to synchronize the MDB file with CDB file

12. BMP Vs JPG Vs PictureBox Vs Resource file