Problems with 'InternetConnect' on Pocket PC Emulation using eMbedded VB 3.0
Author Message
 Problems with 'InternetConnect' on Pocket PC Emulation using eMbedded VB 3.0

Hi there !

I'm building an application for Pocket PC that is suposed to transfer files
using FTP. I don't have the Hardware yet so I'm only using the Pocket PC
Emulation from EVB 3.0 to try out the code.

I start by calling the 'InternetOpen' function that works fine and returns
the handler, but right after when I call the 'InternetConnect' function the
returned value is 0 meaning that the connection to the FTP Server was not
established.

my call to the function looks like this:

hconnection = InternetConnect(hInternetOpenHandler, [Server_Name],
INTERNET_DEFAULT_FTP_PORT, [username], [password], INTERNET_SERVICE_FTP,
INTERNET_FLAG_PASSIVE, 0)

I used the wininet.dll and also the wininetm.dll but neither worked. I tried
this same call in VB6 and it worked fine, so there is no problem at all with
the FTP Server. What can be happening ? how can I solve this ?

Thanks in advance,
Etienne

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:43:26 GMT
 Problems with 'InternetConnect' on Pocket PC Emulation using eMbedded VB 3.0
The function must be declared as follows.
Public Declare Function InternetConnect Lib "wininet.dll"
Alias "InternetConnectW" ( _
   ByVal HINTERNET As Long, _
   ByVal pszServerName As String, _
   ByVal nServerPort As Long, _
   ByVal lpszUserName As String, _
   ByVal lpszPassword As String, _
   ByVal dwService As Long, _
   ByVal dwFlags As Long, _
   ByVal dwContext As Long) As Long

I am having problems with the Pocket 2002.  It only allows
anonymous connections. I am currently looking for a work
around.  If you know of a solution to this problem, please
let me know.

Quote:

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:17:57 GMT

1. Problems using SQL CE on POCKET PC 2002 emulation

2. how to get Mac address of pocket pc using embedded vb

3. InternetConnect fails on Pocket PC 2002

4. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

5. Embedded Visual Studio VB compile program on Pocket PC 2002 Jornada 928

6. Pocket PC Emulation

7. Emulation to Pocket PC

8. debug with pocket PC emulation

9. eVB can't debug in the Pocket PC 2002 Emulator but does on the device

10. Pocket PC 2002 emulator won't load program

11. Palm OS'er seeks Pocket PC help

12. Can't run ADOCE in Pocket PC emulator