Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial
Author Message
 Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial

Hi all,

Need to use XML from eVB? Jim Poe gets us started on the road to eVB and
XML bliss in this article. There is sparse documentation regarding XML
and Windows CE, and the majority of the information out there addresses
the use of XML with Pocket Internet Explorer. In fact, the Embedded
Developer documentation on MSDN explicitly states that XML is only
supported when used with PIE, which helps to explain why there are no
eVB or eVC XML examples in the documentation.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Regards
Derek Mitchell

* eVB Tutorials - http://www.*-*-*.com/ *
* Host your Pocket PC apps - file upload *
* Join the Global Pocket PC Registry     *

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:51:10 GMT
 Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial
I'm not sure if you have experienced similar problems.  We heard a rumor
that there was an internal memory leak in the CE XML parser, and we tested
it.  We created only 1 XML object (to avoid the CreateObject memory leak)
and repeatedly loaded new XML using LoadXML.  When observing total free
memory, after many repetitions, free memory decreased to the point where CE
crashed.  Just a warning.  If you are going to be loading a few things into
the XML parser, probably nothing to worry about, because the individual
leaks were small (around 1k).  If you intend to use XML extensively as a
data exchange language, you will likely have problems.

Note, that all memory was freed up when our eVB program ended.  In the end,
we were forced to abandon XML as an exchange format because both creating 1
DOMDocument (using it repeatedly) and creating many DOMDocuments (using each
once) lead to serious memory problems when running our program for more than
a couple hours.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Need to use XML from eVB? Jim Poe gets us started on the road to eVB and
> XML bliss in this article. There is sparse documentation regarding XML
> and Windows CE, and the majority of the information out there addresses
> the use of XML with Pocket Internet Explorer. In fact, the Embedded
> Developer documentation on MSDN explicitly states that XML is only
> supported when used with PIE, which helps to explain why there are no
> eVB or eVC XML examples in the documentation.

> http://www.deVBuzz.com/content/zinc_evb_xml_pg1.asp

> --
> --
> Regards
> Derek Mitchell

> * eVB Tutorials - http://www.deVBuzz.com *
> * Host your Pocket PC apps - file upload *
> * Join the Global Pocket PC Registry     *

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:48:51 GMT
 Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial
Does any one know how to use eVB to edit XML?  Please advise.  Thanks....

- Tim B.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Need to use XML from eVB? Jim Poe gets us started on the road to eVB and
> XML bliss in this article. There is sparse documentation regarding XML
> and Windows CE, and the majority of the information out there addresses
> the use of XML with Pocket Internet Explorer. In fact, the Embedded
> Developer documentation on MSDN explicitly states that XML is only
> supported when used with PIE, which helps to explain why there are no
> eVB or eVC XML examples in the documentation.

> http://www.deVBuzz.com/content/zinc_evb_xml_pg1.asp

> --
> --
> Regards
> Derek Mitchell

> * eVB Tutorials - http://www.deVBuzz.com *
> * Host your Pocket PC apps - file upload *
> * Join the Global Pocket PC Registry     *

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:48:12 GMT

1. deVBuzz.com tutorial - eVB and ADOXCE with SQL Server for CE

2. new deVBuzz.com article -- eVB Starting out

3. GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

4. Techniques for filling lists using the .NET Compact Framework - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

5. SummIt Up - Where PPC developers might look for the next big opportunity - new deVBuzz tutorial

6. Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial

7. deVBuzz tutorial - configuring SS for CE

8. Forcing Database Changes from ADOCE to Commit - new deVBuzz tutorial

9. deVBuzz article on eVB / WinSock and binary data

10. eVB Database Viewer article on deVBuzz.com

11. new deVBuzz article - How I used SQL Server CE in my eVB application

12. new deVBuzz.com article -- Saddling the HTML View Control from eVB