Embedded VB / C++ question
Author Message
 Embedded VB / C++ question

Hi

Can an App written with Embedded VB or C++ work on a Palm
top or only on a PDA with Pocket PC?

What do I need to write programs for a Palm?  Will this
run on the old monochrome Palm tops as well?

Thanks

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:27:25 GMT
 Embedded VB / C++ question
Palm OS and CE are two *totally* different things, all the way down to the
chip architecture.  There really isn't any way cuurently (AppForge being the
exception) to write code that will run on both.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi

> Can an App written with Embedded VB or C++ work on a Palm
> top or only on a PDA with Pocket PC?

> What do I need to write programs for a Palm?  Will this
> run on the old monochrome Palm tops as well?

> Thanks

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:33:12 GMT
 Embedded VB / C++ question

Quote:
> What do I need to write programs for a Palm?  Will this

Well it depends on what language you are looking to develop your
applications in. Since you posted the message in embedded.vb I am going to
assume that you want to use a VB type language. In which case I would
recommend the following:

Satellite Forms by Puma Technology
http://www.pumatech.com/

If you want any more information I would recommned finding a Palm usergroup
or contacting Palm.

Best of luck,

--

Dennis White
Telefonik - "Unleashing the Power of Technology"

Quote:
> Hi

> Can an App written with Embedded VB or C++ work on a Palm
> top or only on a PDA with Pocket PC?

> What do I need to write programs for a Palm?  Will this
> run on the old monochrome Palm tops as well?

> Thanks

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:39:08 GMT
 Embedded VB / C++ question

Quote:
> Can an App written with Embedded VB or C++ work on a Palm
> top or only on a PDA with Pocket PC?

Chris and Dennis has already answered that one. As Chris says: The platforms
are as different as a motorcycle and a car (not telling you which is
which!). You cannot easily move stuff at the source code level, and not at
all at the binary level. (I am excluding Palm emulators on CE devices here -
are there any?)

Quote:
> What do I need to write programs for a Palm?  Will this
> run on the old monochrome Palm tops as well?

The best guess, apart from AppForge, for VB-like programming would be to get
hold of NsBasic. You can't get a single program to compile for both
platforms, but they sell compilers for both platforms. I once were in on a
beta program on NsBasic for the Palm, but never had the time to do a
thorough test.

Take a look at http://www.nsbasic.com/ for more info.

Keld Laursen

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:14:59 GMT

1. Capturing the Tab key-press in a c++ ocx embedded in a vb form

2. Question: Is Visual C++ a real C++ builder?

3. embedded c++ code

4. Embedding C++ Code in Visual Basic

5. In C++ it's called an embedded class

6. URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync

7. URGENT: Embedded Vicual C++ and Webcam

8. Embedded Visual C++ Installation

9. Passing parameters from embedded VB to embedded VC++

10. very easy question - Pls help embedded vb environment

11. newbie vb question from c++ programmer

12. Simple VB/C++ question