how to retrieve record and display it
Author Message
 how to retrieve record and display it

Hi

I have a list box which containsthe firstname field of all the records I
have.

How can I retrieve the relevant data out when I click on the certain
firstname in the listbox.

example is when I click on the peter name in the list box, the peter's data
will be display.

I have no idea on how to do it, any idea is apprecited.

thanks
sllai

Sun, 11 May 2003 10:32:41 GMT
 how to retrieve record and display it
Dear Sllai,

I am also working on the same project.
One idea is to use grid and save your Contacts ID in a hidden column. When
you click on any name, you could use contact id value to display the record.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Quote:
> Hi

> I have a list box which containsthe firstname field of all the records I
> have.

> How can I retrieve the relevant data out when I click on the certain
> firstname in the listbox.

> example is when I click on the peter name in the list box, the peter's
data
> will be display.

> I have no idea on how to do it, any idea is apprecited.

> thanks
> sllai

Wed, 21 May 2003 13:16:36 GMT

1. retrieve record and display

2. Help: retrieve LAST record on database of 50.000 record

3. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

4. SQL To retrieve from record xxx to record yyy

5. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

6. Display records on screen using display button

7. vb5 displays a record on screen but prints data from another record

8. Display one record from multiple records

9. Display Record of Records

10. Retrieving display information (screen resolution)

11. How to retrieve a collection of displayed contacts

12. Retrieving an ShapeAdded event after CustomProperties dialog box displayed