RecordSet Filter Property !?
Author Message
 RecordSet Filter Property !?

I can't remember where I have seen it documented but CEDB does not support
the filter property. However it is not all that useful anyway in ADOCE as it
only supports an array of bookmarks, so you cant put criteria in there.

Your only solution is to open a recordset with the criteria you want.  Of
course you can re-use your recordset if you close it and re-open with a
different sql string.

Peter

Quote:
> Hi all,

> After following these newsgroups for a while I know that Find and Seek are
> not supported in ADOCE RecordSet for CEDB (*.cdb files). However, I don't
> know whether or not the Filter property of the RecordSet having the same
> fate as Find and Seek!!!

> My question is:

> If it's not supported, is there a way to work around other than having to
> issue another Query to restrict the number of record to be displayed in
> Grid?

> If it is supported, then I am using it wrong. And if you could, please
give
> me some examples of using the filter property.

> Thanks in advance

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:17:36 GMT

1. Recordset.Filter Property

2. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

3. ado Recordset Filter property

4. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

5. Recordset Filter Property doesn't work!

6. ado recordset filter property

7. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

8. Recordset Filter Property doesn't work!

9. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

10. Recordset.Filter property And Wildcards (?)

11. MDX field name in ADO recordset filter property

12. HELP: RecordSet Filter Property !?