Seek and Find?
Author Message
 Seek and Find?

I have successfully created a program using ADOCE recordsets to view data
from a table which contains a date field. I previously created a similar
program in Visual Basic 6 in which I used the FindFirst method to move to
the entry (row) containing today's date in the date field. The code I used
was:

dd = Format(Date, "mm dd yy")
Data1.Recordset.FindFirst "MYDATE = #" & dd & "#"

However, there is no FindFirst method in ADOCE. I have tried using the Seek
method but this seems complicated and never works for me. Can anyone advise
me how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Seek and Find?
How about using a SQL statement in data1.Open ?
Quote:

> I have successfully created a program using ADOCE recordsets to view data
> from a table which contains a date field. I previously created a similar
> program in Visual Basic 6 in which I used the FindFirst method to move to
> the entry (row) containing today's date in the date field. The code I used
> was:

> dd = Format(Date, "mm dd yy")
> Data1.Recordset.FindFirst "MYDATE = #" & dd & "#"

> However, there is no FindFirst method in ADOCE. I have tried using the Seek
> method but this seems complicated and never works for me. Can anyone advise
> me how I can achieve this?

> Thanks.

Tue, 13 May 2003 08:23:48 GMT

1. Seek and Find Methods

2. ADO Recordset Seek or Find

3. Need ADO code example for Seek or Find

4. Seek/Search/Find something real FAST--Help!?!

5. assigning a Seek or Find to a variable

6. Using SEEK to find record #?

7. Newbie Seeks Help - Finding the CDROM Drive

8. Seeking or finding a Word in a field

9. HELP: Using Seek to find a specific character in an Access report

10. ADO Seek or Find for Performance???

11. seek or find?

12. How do I use Seek to find multiple records? Please Help!