Keyboard Activation?
Author Message
 Keyboard Activation?

Quote:
> there is no such property
> sipbehavior in eVB. i m using eVB3.0.

That's strange!
When I open up my version of eVB3.0, and open a form for editing (NOT the
source code), then in the properties of my form, I can very clearly see a
property called SIPBehaviour. It's wedged in between ShowOK and SipVisible.
:-)

Well, the way I do it in my programs is that I set SipBehaviour to 0 (which
is vbSIPUser). This makes the SIP totally controlled by me (or the user). It
won't show itself automatically whenever I get to some editable control.

On each control that I need the keyboard shown for, I then insert code that
sets SIPVisible to TRUE on the GotFocus event.
On each controls LostFocus event I then sets SIPVisible to FALSE.

Remember that if you use SIPVisible or SIPBehaviour from some module, then
you need to precede it with the form, like this:
MyForm.SIPBehaviour = 0
MyForm.SIPVisible = True

In fact: In my program I go one step further. I'm using part of the
FullScreen system to just hide the SIP button on the menu. In this way, I
can disable the user from showing the SIP when he don't need it.

Hope this helps

Keld Laursen

Sun, 08 May 2005 16:34:14 GMT
 Keyboard Activation?
Hi keld!
i m also using eVB3.0 but i hav't seen sipbehabiour
property in properties window. so wut should u do for
keyboard?
thanx

Quote:

Sun, 08 May 2005 17:22:59 GMT
 Keyboard Activation?

Quote:
> Hi keld!
> i m also using eVB3.0 but i hav't seen sipbehabiour
> property in properties window. so wut should u do for
> keyboard?

Since it isn't there, then what kind of device are you targeting? Are you
sure you are not targeting something like a HPC by mistake?
That's more or less the only reason I can see for it not being there.
Can you find it in the help?
If you look for "Form object" inthe index, it should get you to a page
showing you all the various properties and methods of a form.
In the right column, some 17 properties down, you should find SIPBehaviour.
Clicking on it should reveal this:

<Quote>
SIPBehavior
This property determines under what conditions the input panel appears.
object.SIPBehavior [= value]
Parameters
object
Object expression that is a Form.
value
Integer value that determines when the input panel is displayed. The
following table shows the settings for value. ConstantValueDescription
vbSIPAlways 0The input panel is always displayed.
vbSIPAutomatic 1The input panel is displayed when an Edit or Combo control
receives focus. The input panel hides when any other control receives focus.
vbSIPUser 2The input panel does not react to the form. The input panel is
displayed or hidden programmatically or based on user input.

Remarks
This property is read/write at design time and read-only when the
application is running.
The default value for the SIPBehavior property is vbSIPUser (2).
Supported Platforms
This property is supported on the following platforms.
Pocket PC

</Quote>
Note the Supported platforms at the bottom. If you aren't targeting a Pocket
PC, the SIPBehaviour isn't there.

Keld Laursen

Sun, 08 May 2005 18:34:04 GMT
 Keyboard Activation?
i m using PalmPC with winCE2.11.
can it work on that?

Quote:

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:12:07 GMT
 Keyboard Activation?

Quote:
> i m using PalmPC with winCE2.11.
> can it work on that?

According to the docs, as I understand them: No.

Keld Laursen

Mon, 09 May 2005 04:06:55 GMT

1. Keyboard activation?

2. activation of design changes to other users

3. Automatic OLE Activation

4. In-Place Activation of Outlook

5. does VB script or debugger need activation?

6. Outlook doesn't properly start on external activation

7. Project Window Activation from Resource Sheet if any

8. error activation of a project

9. Activation symbol in sequence diagrams

10. Text block tool activation.

11. In-place activation losing focus

12. Document Activation