Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial
Author Message
 Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial

It is a great article, but it gives pause for thought. It implies that, using POOM with JavaScript, a webmaster can create a web page to add, edit and/or delete your appointments, contacts, or anything else in Pocket Outlook, without you knowing a thing about it. Look out, you PocketPC 2000 users.

Fortunately(?), the POOM logon() method does not work in PocketPC 2002, so this approach does not work. Unfortunately, POOM doesn't work in eVB either, for the same reason. I was a bit annoyed about this when I tried to program something in eVB, but now I think that this may not be a bug, but that MS deliberately made the POOM ActiveX unscriptable for security reasons.

Wed, 19 May 2004 10:05:39 GMT
 Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial

So how do you manipulate POOM in 2002? Can you do it with VB6?

dt

  It is a great article, but it gives pause for thought. It implies that, using POOM with JavaScript, a webmaster can create a web page to add, edit and/or delete your appointments, contacts, or anything else in Pocket Outlook, without you knowing a thing about it. Look out, you PocketPC 2000 users.

  Fortunately(?), the POOM logon() method does not work in PocketPC 2002, so this approach does not work. Unfortunately, POOM doesn't work in eVB either, for the same reason. I was a bit annoyed about this when I tried to program something in eVB, but now I think that this may not be a bug, but that MS deliberately made the POOM ActiveX unscriptable for security reasons.

Wed, 19 May 2004 15:04:36 GMT
 Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial

I have write a programm "Outlook to go" fpr Pocket-PC (win CE 3.0). This
programm generate a HTML-File. You can add tasks, appointmens and contact from
ie pocket-PC and on desktop-pc > Outlook 2000/XP.

see http://www.posketkai.de > Outlook to go
You can translate the pages in to english (on bottom of the sites)
Kai

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:53:41 GMT
 Creating POOM items using PIE Web pages - new deVBuzz tutorial

http://www.pocketkai.de is right.
Kai

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:58:23 GMT

1. Techniques for filling lists using the .NET Compact Framework - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

2. Create new items from a web page hyperlink

3. GPS/GIS application development for the Pocket PC - Part 1 of 5 - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

4. SummIt Up - Where PPC developers might look for the next big opportunity - new deVBuzz tutorial

5. Forcing Database Changes from ADOCE to Commit - new deVBuzz tutorial

6. Creating web page to place item in Outlook calendar

7. new deVBuzz article - How I used SQL Server CE in my eVB application

8. Creating New Web Pages in VB5

9. Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial

10. deVBuzz.com tutorial - eVB and ADOXCE with SQL Server for CE

11. deVBuzz tutorial - configuring SS for CE

12. Creating a web page using VB6?