Filter match algorithms
Author Message
 Filter match algorithms

Hi,
I have an application which monitors the addition of files in a
directory, for each addition, I need to check the filename and
extension against a filter string composed of the standard windows-NT
filesystem filename char's and wildcards to see if the name matches
the filter.

Is there an easy way to determine if a filespec string matches an NT
file filter string?  I had thought there was a way to use the common
file dialogs to do this, but I can't seem to find it.

-Bob Lambert-

Sat, 22 May 2004 03:42:13 GMT
 Filter match algorithms
PathMatchSpec
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have an application which monitors the addition of files in a
> directory, for each addition, I need to check the filename and
> extension against a filter string composed of the standard windows-NT
> filesystem filename char's and wildcards to see if the name matches
> the filter.

> Is there an easy way to determine if a filespec string matches an NT
> file filter string?  I had thought there was a way to use the common
> file dialogs to do this, but I can't seem to find it.

> -Bob Lambert-

Sat, 22 May 2004 04:20:31 GMT
 Filter match algorithms
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:20:31 -0500, "Igor Tandetnik"

Quote:

>PathMatchSpec

That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

Sat, 22 May 2004 11:20:52 GMT

1. Home-made string matching algorithm or strstr()

2. Travelling Sales Person and 2 Match algorithms.

3. Graph matching algorithms wanted

4. Bit-string matching algorithm wanted

5. name matching algorithms

6. Pattern-matching algorithm info wanted

7. glob pattern matching algorithm wanted

8. Algorithm : pattern matching

9. ALGORITHM to flexibly match strings needed

10. WANTED: string wildcard matching algorithm

11. pattern matching algorithm

12. Need wild card matching algorithm