string.CompareNoCase?
Author Message
 string.CompareNoCase?

Hi All,

There is a Compare method for the string class.  Is there a comparable
CompareNoCase?

Thanks in advance,

--Ed

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:43:00 GMT
 string.CompareNoCase?

Quote:

> Hi All,

> There is a Compare method for the string class.  Is there a comparable
> CompareNoCase?

Nope.  See Scott Meyers' "Effective STL" for a close look at exactly why
not.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:50:20 GMT
 string.CompareNoCase?
I like Scott Meyers, but I don't have that one.  Is it as good as his
"Effective C++"?
Quote:

>> Hi All,

>> There is a Compare method for the string class.  Is there a comparable
>> CompareNoCase?

> Nope.  See Scott Meyers' "Effective STL" for a close look at exactly why
> not.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:51:14 GMT
 string.CompareNoCase?
Yes.

Quote:
> I like Scott Meyers, but I don't have that one.  Is it as good as his
> "Effective C++"?

> >> Hi All,

> >> There is a Compare method for the string class.  Is there a comparable
> >> CompareNoCase?

> > Nope.  See Scott Meyers' "Effective STL" for a close look at exactly why
> > not.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:49:16 GMT
 string.CompareNoCase?

Quote:
> There is a Compare method for the string class.  Is there a comparable
> CompareNoCase?

You can provide a traits class for this purpose:

http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/029.htm

More information on traits classes:

http://www.beginthread.com/Article/Ehsan/Template%20Traits/

HTH,
--

Ehsan Akhgari

[WWW: http://www.beginthread.com/Ehsan ]

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:21:24 GMT

1. msvcrt an CString.compareNoCase problems

2. newbie needs help to strings, strings, strings

3. int to std::string to System::String

4. Copy a .NET String into a C string

5. Substitute a String in a File with another String

6. static std::string exposed through System::String *

7. String to std:string

8. Convert a string to an object whose name is defined by that string

9. System::String to std::string

10. System.String to std::string conversion

11. Hashing long input strings into short output strings

12. How to convert C# string to SQL String?