Dinkum 3.08 and autoexp.dat 
Author Message
 Dinkum 3.08 and autoexp.dat

I'm using the latest Dinkumware version of the STL and wanted to modify the
de{*filter*} to display strings properly.  From debugging, I haven't been able
to tell if _Ptr or _Buf is the variable I should point to.  Thye both seem
to contain the string data in different situations.  Is there a specific was
I can always reference the contents of a string for autoexp.dat?

Sean



Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:32:55 GMT  
 Dinkum 3.08 and autoexp.dat

Quote:

> I'm using the latest Dinkumware version of the STL and wanted to modify the
> de{*filter*} to display strings properly.  From debugging, I haven't been able
> to tell if _Ptr or _Buf is the variable I should point to.  Thye both seem
> to contain the string data in different situations.  Is there a specific was
> I can always reference the contents of a string for autoexp.dat?

The problem is that _Ptr and _Buf are different elements of a union.
Small strings are stored within the string object in _Buf, while
larger strings are stored in allocated storage pointed to by _Ptr.
The discriminant is the current size of the string. I don't know of
any way to help the de{*filter*} in a case like this.

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.*-*-*.com/



Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:25:53 GMT  
 Dinkum 3.08 and autoexp.dat

Quote:

> The discriminant is the current size of the string. I don't know of

Is it really the size of the string and not its capacity?  

Scott
--
Check out "THE C++ Seminar," http://www.gotw.ca/cpp_seminar/



Mon, 08 Dec 2003 04:57:39 GMT  
 Dinkum 3.08 and autoexp.dat

Quote:


> > The discriminant is the current size of the string. I don't know of

> Is it really the size of the string and not its capacity?

Right. That's what I get for writing without first checking.

Thanks,

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com



Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:58:43 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Dinkum 3.08, VC6, and use_facet

2. Dinkum 3.08 and use_facet

3. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

4. autoexp.dat and function calls

5. autoexp.dat and VC7

6. AutoExp.dat with Interfaces

7. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

8. BUG with: AutoExp.dat in VC.NET

9. HOWTO: Enhancing AUTOEXP.DAT - Creating Custom Type Evaluator Routines

10. Inheritance in autoexp.dat

11. autoexp.dat there but ignore?

12. Problem with AutoExp.Dat

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software