vector<bool> 
Author Message
 vector<bool>

This is probably off topic, sorry.  I was going to post it on comp.lang.c++,
but they have no taste for off topic discussions...here, at least, there's
some leeway.  Anyway...

I was just reading the defect reports on the standard and came across
vector<bool>:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ #96

When I first read this:

"No alternative had strong, wide-spread, support and every alternative had
at least one "over my dead body" response."

I had to laugh...except that later on they used the "over-my-dead-body"
voting criterion again which made me wonder:  Is this a new way to vote or
something?  I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing in Robert's Rules of
Order...



Mon, 31 May 2004 07:15:14 GMT  
 vector<bool>

Quote:

> I had to laugh...except that later on they used the "over-my-dead-body"
> voting criterion again which made me wonder:  Is this a new way to vote or
> something?  I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing in Robert's Rules of
> Order...

The standards committee works by consensus, not by majority vote.

--
Pete Becker
Dinkumware, Ltd. (http://www.dinkumware.com)



Mon, 31 May 2004 08:50:07 GMT  
 vector<bool>

Quote:

> > I had to laugh...except that later on they used the "over-my-dead-body"
> > voting criterion again which made me wonder:  Is this a new way to vote
or
> > something?  I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing in Robert's Rules
of
> > Order...

> The standards committee works by consensus, not by majority vote.

I see.  It'll be a little hard to find consensus on vector<bool> then as it
looks like at least one person has an "over-my-dead-body" vote on each of
the proposals.

Why oh why did someone think it was a good idea to put it in there in the
first place....oh well.



Mon, 31 May 2004 23:19:32 GMT  
 vector<bool>
    Before the committee get to the final vote, they having working session
where they feel their way through issue.  In these sessions, usually there
are a host of options, and the voting choices are usually "Preferred",
"Acceptable" or "Over My Dead Body"

--
Truth,
James Curran
www.NJTheater.com     (Professional)
www.NovelTheory.com  (Personal)


Quote:
> This is probably off topic, sorry.  I was going to post it on
comp.lang.c++,
> but they have no taste for off topic discussions...here, at least, there's
> some leeway.  Anyway...

> I was just reading the defect reports on the standard and came across
> vector<bool>:

> http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-active.html#96

> When I first read this:

> "No alternative had strong, wide-spread, support and every alternative had
> at least one "over my dead body" response."

> I had to laugh...except that later on they used the "over-my-dead-body"
> voting criterion again which made me wonder:  Is this a new way to vote or
> something?  I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing in Robert's Rules
of
> Order...



Tue, 01 Jun 2004 01:32:43 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. vector<bool> problem with VC++ 6.0

2. vector<bool> warning

3. vector<bool> warning

4. Possible bug in vector<bool> in Visual Studio .NET 2003

5. Access violation with vector<bool> in VC .NET 2003

6. Possible bug in vector<bool> in Visual Studio .NET 2003

7. bugs(?) in vector<bool, ...>

8. bug with %= in vector<bool> + specialization problems

9. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

10. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

11. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

12. <><><>HELP<><><> PCMCIA Motorola Montana 33.6

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software