DBCS strings
Author Message
 DBCS strings

Two questions:
Is there a standard class template that wraps DBCS
character arrays and offers functions that can do string
operations?

Do (non-wrapped) DBCS strings cause problems when working
with the stream classes/templates?

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 03:15:58 GMT
 DBCS strings

Quote:
> Two questions:
> Is there a standard class template that wraps DBCS
> character arrays and offers functions that can do string
> operations?

If you mean the varying-length encoding, as sequences of one or two bytes,
then there are no standard classes that are aware of this structure. If
you mean the fixed-length (two-byte always) version, then see wstring in
<string>.

Quote:
> Do (non-wrapped) DBCS strings cause problems when working
> with the stream classes/templates?

As before, the varying-length encoding may or may not read and write the
way you hope. The wide-character encoding can be read from wistream and
written to wostream, but again you might not like the conversions the
library makes to multibyte sequences in the external files.

See the on-line CoreX library reference at our web site for more
information.

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:36:53 GMT

1. DBCS strings in CRecordset

2. How to handle cursor movement, selection, deletion for a DBCS string.

3. Reading a dbcs formatted ICINFO description string in Win95

4. localizing strings DBCS languages

5. localizing strings in DBCS

6. Reading a dbcs formatted ICINFO description string in Win95

7. Need FIX: std::wofstream Can't Output After DBCS Character Is Output (Q274012)

8. Unicode or DBCS problem

9. TCHAR.H and DBCS

10. Using GetTextFace() in DBCS Windows

11. VC++ 5.0 Menu Resource DBCS Problem (URGENT !)

12. Is DBCS possible using C?