STL or not to STL
Author Message
 STL or not to STL

Hello there,

I just started using VC++ 5.0 and it seems that the STL supplied with it is
rather buggy, is this just an impression and am I forgetting something? Or
is this another MS related thang, and if so are there any fixes out there?

                            Thanx...

                Jan "A simple list please" Van Oekelen

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 STL or not to STL

Quote:
> I just started using VC++ 5.0 and it seems that the STL supplied with it is
> rather buggy, is this just an impression and am I forgetting something? Or

I suggest that you install the latest service-pack. The "plain"
VC++ 5.0 has many bugs (esp. in the STL part).

        Markus Gietzen

--
Diplom-Informatiker(FH) Markus Gietzen

SYBORG Informationssysteme GmbH
Heuduckstr. 1, 66117 Saarbrcken
Tel. +49 (0) 681/56600-0, Fax: -222

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 STL or not to STL
Also, try going to www.dinkumware.com.
Youll find patches to the Microsoft STL implementation, as they were the
ones who wrote it. :-)

Dennis

Quote:

>> I just started using VC++ 5.0 and it seems that the STL supplied with it
is
>> rather buggy, is this just an impression and am I forgetting something?
Or

>I suggest that you install the latest service-pack. The "plain"
>VC++ 5.0 has many bugs (esp. in the STL part).

> Markus Gietzen

>--
>Diplom-Informatiker(FH) Markus Gietzen

>SYBORG Informationssysteme GmbH
>Heuduckstr. 1, 66117 Saarbrcken
>Tel. +49 (0) 681/56600-0, Fax: -222

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. typedef'ing iterators in MSVC's STL (not the HP STL)

2. Conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

3. ATL conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

4. MFC + STL < STL

5. STL Newbie: STL maps

6. Porting code from SGI STL to MSVC STL

7. SGI-STL or STL of VC++

8. STL header files vs non-STL header files

9. Which STL should I replace VC6 STL with?

10. VC++ STL v/s SGI STL Performance ???

11. STL does not compile cleanly using warning level 4 (/W4)

12. MSVC STL not ANSI compliant?