New STL Book (Plauger et al)
Author Message
 New STL Book (Plauger et al)

Hi,

Has the following book:

"The Standard Template Library, by P. J. Plauger, Alexander Stepanov, Meng
Lee, and David Musser. Prentice-Hall, 1998. ISBN 0-13-437633-1"

been released yet? Can anyone share hir review about the book?

Thanks,
--
Frederick J. Dunhill
To reply via e-mail, replace coldmail.org with hotmail.com

"Before order there is chaos. Before happiness there is sorrow. Before life
there is death. Like a phoenix bird it vanishes, like a phoenix bird it
resurrects."

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New STL Book (Plauger et al)
according to Amazon.com...

Not Yet Available: You may still order this title. We will ship it to you
when it is released by the publisher.

Paperback - 600 pages (December 15, 1998)
Prentice Hall Press; ISBN: 0134376331

--
Grace + Peace  |  Peter N Roth  |  Engineering Objects Int'l
Inprise Tool & Component Builder | Amazon.com associate

Quote:

>Hi,

>Has the following book:

>"The Standard Template Library, by P. J. Plauger, Alexander Stepanov, Meng
>Lee, and David Musser. Prentice-Hall, 1998. ISBN 0-13-437633-1"

>been released yet? Can anyone share hir review about the book?

>Thanks,
>--
>Frederick J. Dunhill
>To reply via e-mail, replace coldmail.org with hotmail.com

>"Before order there is chaos. Before happiness there is sorrow. Before life
>there is death. Like a phoenix bird it vanishes, like a phoenix bird it
>resurrects."

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New STL Book (Plauger et al)
Sorry guys,

According to Prentice Hall, the release of this book has been put off to
Dec 2000 (no kidding). I can only guess it has to do with ISO forbidding
the use of quotations from the Standard or something like that.

Danny

Quote:

> according to Amazon.com...

> Not Yet Available: You may still order this title. We will ship it to you
> when it is released by the publisher.

> Paperback - 600 pages (December 15, 1998)
> Prentice Hall Press; ISBN: 0134376331

> --
> Grace + Peace  |  Peter N Roth  |  Engineering Objects Int'l
> Inprise Tool & Component Builder | Amazon.com associate
>           http://www.inconresearch.com/eoi

> >Hi,

> >Has the following book:

> >"The Standard Template Library, by P. J. Plauger, Alexander Stepanov, Meng
> >Lee, and David Musser. Prentice-Hall, 1998. ISBN 0-13-437633-1"

> >been released yet? Can anyone share hir review about the book?

> >Thanks,
> >--
> >Frederick J. Dunhill
> >To reply via e-mail, replace coldmail.org with hotmail.com

> >"Before order there is chaos. Before happiness there is sorrow. Before life
> >there is death. Like a phoenix bird it vanishes, like a phoenix bird it
> >resurrects."

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New STL Book (Plauger et al)
Where did you hear this?  Amazon.com still has it for next month.

: Sorry guys,
:
: According to Prentice Hall, the release of this book has been put off to
: Dec 2000 (no kidding). I can only guess it has to do with ISO forbidding
: the use of quotations from the Standard or something like that.
:
: Danny

/*  Andrew  */
WWW: http://www.halcyon.com/ast

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New STL Book (Plauger et al)
I know about Amzaon (and Barnes and Noble as well). But I heard it from
a very reliable source at Prentice Hall that the book was put off. In
case P. J. Plauger is hearing, maybe he can shed light on the matter.

Danny

Quote:

> Where did you hear this?  Amazon.com still has it for next month.

> : Sorry guys,
> :
> : According to Prentice Hall, the release of this book has been put off to
> : Dec 2000 (no kidding). I can only guess it has to do with ISO forbidding
> : the use of quotations from the Standard or something like that.
> :
> : Danny

> --
> --
> /*  Andrew  */
> WWW: http://www.halcyon.com/ast

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Plauger STL book cancelled?

2. PJ Plauger's new book has incomplete ldexp()

3. New Al Stevens Book

4. Return value of memcpy et al.

5. (corr) Return value of memcpy et al.

6. Thanks Heathfield, Kirby, et al.

7. prototypes et al

8. Scott Nudds et al

9. int32 et al. (was: Style guides and portability)

10. Creating DLLs,Hangman games,printing pixels, et al

11. Graphic Lib inclusion et al

12. code for FAQ list question 2.14 et al