Windows CE: STLPort vs. Dinkumware
Author Message
 Windows CE: STLPort vs. Dinkumware

I am looking for the way to use full implementation of STL and iostreams
under Windows CE's eVC. It seems there are two major possibility: purchase
Dinkumware Abridged Library for Windows CE for $400 or use STLPort - which
mean spend few days fighting with installation.

Could anybody help me decide which way is better? Or maybe there are some
other C++ compiler for Windows CE which I can use instead of eVC?

I see in this newsgroup posts from people both from Dinkumware and from
STLPort.com. May be it is right place to ask such question :-). And may be
somebody here even know why MS do not distribute some version of STL with
eVC? For me it is sooo strange...

K.N.

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:18:18 GMT

1. STL: STLPort vs. Dinkumware

2. MFC CE 2.11 vs. MFC CE 3.0 compatibility

3. Help! CE 3.0 vs CE .NET newbie questions

4. Dinkumware problem: gutted code, it loads, but not when calling Dinkumware

5. REPEAT: Dinkumware (dlls built against Dinkumware dlls wont load on WindowsCE)

6. STLport vs. VC++

7. STLPort: native iostreams and STLPort strings?

8. Windows CE and Windows XP Communication...

9. Windows CE & /Windows directory

10. COM in Windows NT 4 vs. Windows 2000

11. DLL loading (Windows NT vs Windows 98)

12. Windows 98 vs Windows NT