STL Upgrades needed for Windows CE platform builder 4.2?
Author Message
 STL Upgrades needed for Windows CE platform builder 4.2?

Windows CE platform builder ships with some STL headers, I'd
assume it's the dinkumware STL some older version.

What updates do I need to apply (if any)?

Btw, why doesn't platform builder ship with the same STL
as Visual Studio.Net?

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:36:58 GMT
 STL Upgrades needed for Windows CE platform builder 4.2?

Quote:

> Windows CE platform builder ships with some STL headers, I'd
> assume it's the dinkumware STL some older version.

> What updates do I need to apply (if any)?

> Btw, why doesn't platform builder ship with the same STL
> as Visual Studio.Net?

The C library that ships with CE implements FILE io using only Win32
system calls -- no library-level buffering. As a result, the C++
iostream code doesn't have anything to hook into for fstreams. So the CE
folks shipped the stuff they could get to work, and skipped the stuff
that's hard.

If you need iostreams, take a look at our library for CE -- fully
conforming C and C++ libraries.

--

Pete Becker

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:45:10 GMT

1. MFC App with Platform Builder 4.0/Windows CE .NET

2. Upgrade to 4.2 Variables Windows problem

3. CE.NET Platform Builder Question

4. Does anyone have Platform Builder CE 2.12?

5. How to support Exception handling when using CE platform builder

6. Windows CE.NET 4.2 FSD development

7. Do I need Platform Builder?

8. Compiler Integration :: Visual C++ 4.2 with C++ builder

9. How to add Windows CE platforms

10. Problem with upgrading from VC 4.2 to 5.0

11. Upgrading (?) VC++ 4.0 Prof to VC++ 4.2 Prof

12. VC++ 4.2 upgrade