Any good doc on STL streams?
Author Message
 Any good doc on STL streams?

The only online doc I can find for STL streams (e.g. std::ofstream) is
terrible, to say the least (about as good as reading raw header files).

There are plenty of good books on the container classes.  Are there any
about the streams?
--
MARKALAUR

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good doc on STL streams?

Quote:

> The only online doc I can find for STL streams (e.g. std::ofstream) is
> terrible, to say the least (about as good as reading raw header files).

> There are plenty of good books on the container classes.  Are there any
> about the streams?

I use "C++ IOStreams Handbook" by Steve Teale; 1993 Addison Wesley.
I think that Computer Literacy Bookstore (www.computerliteracy.com) still
carries it, and I've seen a copy or two at the local Borders Bookstore.

Even though parts of it are out-of-date, especially some of the iostream
class interfaces, the general concepts of streams and stream buffers are
explained fairly well.

Aaron

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good doc on STL streams?
Quote:

>> The only online doc I can find for STL streams (e.g. std::ofstream) is
>> terrible, to say the least (about as good as reading raw header files).

>> There are plenty of good books on the container classes.  Are there any
>> about the streams?

>I use "C++ IOStreams Handbook" by Steve Teale; 1993 Addison Wesley.
>I think that Computer Literacy Bookstore (www.computerliteracy.com) still
>carries it, and I've seen a copy or two at the local Borders Bookstore.

>Even though parts of it are out-of-date, especially some of the iostream
>class interfaces, the general concepts of streams and stream buffers are
>explained fairly well.

Thanks, but the streams in the standard library are slightly different.

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any good doc on STL streams?

2. Question about converting memeory stream to XML DOC!!

3. Using STL with streams in VC++ 5.0

4. STL stream iterator

5. STL binary stream bug

6. STL streams binary write error

7. STL and stream problem

8. Unbelievably bizarre MS STL streams bug

9. STL/IO streams problem

10. Examples of persisting/streaming STL collections to OS files

11. compiler error C2582 of STL streams from VC6 to VC7

12. Writing/reading objects in a file stream with STL