STL woes
Author Message
 STL woes

Hi all,

I hope this is not OT (if so plz tell me which newsgroup
to post to), but here goes:
I've installed the SGI stl (latest version) and it seemed
to work fine till now. In my current project i've had to
import msado15.dll. When I compile I get the
error "\include\comip.h(31) : error C2061: syntax error :
identifier '_Interface'" as well as a bunch of others. The
line referred to, line 31, is "template<typename
_Interface, const IID* _IID /*= &__uuidof(_Interface)*/>
class _com_IIID {" so I'm guessing that comip.h is relying
on the VC6 stl behaviour. Is there anyway i can workaround
this problem?

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:40:56 GMT
 STL woes
Have you tried using STLPort?  It can be found at http://www.stlport.com

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I hope this is not OT (if so plz tell me which newsgroup
> to post to), but here goes:
> I've installed the SGI stl (latest version) and it seemed
> to work fine till now. In my current project i've had to
> import msado15.dll. When I compile I get the
> error "\include\comip.h(31) : error C2061: syntax error :
> identifier '_Interface'" as well as a bunch of others. The
> line referred to, line 31, is "template<typename
> _Interface, const IID* _IID /*= &__uuidof(_Interface)*/>
> class _com_IIID {" so I'm guessing that comip.h is relying
> on the VC6 stl behaviour. Is there anyway i can workaround
> this problem?

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:29:03 GMT

1. Warning C4786: truncated identifier -- STL woes

2. Conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

3. ATL conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

4. typedef'ing iterators in MSVC's STL (not the HP STL)

5. MFC + STL < STL

6. STL Newbie: STL maps

7. Porting code from SGI STL to MSVC STL

8. SGI-STL or STL of VC++

9. STL header files vs non-STL header files

10. Which STL should I replace VC6 STL with?

11. STL or not to STL

12. VC++ STL v/s SGI STL Performance ???