ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2
Author Message
 ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2

Str Library version 2.1.2 has been released on Jan 5, 2003.  Str Library is
a cross-platform high-performance string class, regular expressions and
miscellaneous utilities library for the C++ developer.

Probably the most important update in this version is the full support for
managed C++ in Str Library. If you are using Microsoft's latest C++ compiler
and compiling to a managed assembly, you will find that Str Library works
seamlessly with the MSIL compiler, while still offering unsurpassed speed
and functionality.

For those of you who write cross-platform code, feature number one is
undoubtedly the added capability to compile Str Library-based code with GCC
3.2

We've also added string array support, a Soundex algorithm for phonetic name
comparisions, and made various improvements in performance and bugfixes
(esp. in library features interoperating with existing MFC code)

Download a free evaluation at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:54:36 GMT
 ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2

can u give me some introduction about managed c++.what it is and what it
for.a silly question!

Quote:
> Str Library version 2.1.2 has been released on Jan 5, 2003.  Str Library
is
> a cross-platform high-performance string class, regular expressions and
> miscellaneous utilities library for the C++ developer.

> Probably the most important update in this version is the full support for
> managed C++ in Str Library. If you are using Microsoft's latest C++
compiler
> and compiling to a managed assembly, you will find that Str Library works
> seamlessly with the MSIL compiler, while still offering unsurpassed speed
> and functionality.

> For those of you who write cross-platform code, feature number one is
> undoubtedly the added capability to compile Str Library-based code with
GCC
> 3.2

> We've also added string array support, a Soundex algorithm for phonetic
name
> comparisions, and made various improvements in performance and bugfixes
> (esp. in library features interoperating with existing MFC code)

> Download a free evaluation at http://www.utilitycode.com/str/download.aspx

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:27:44 GMT
 ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2
"Managed C++" is a set of C++ extensions that allow pure C++ programs to
interoperate with .NET - with mc++, you can declare .NET managed / garbage
collected classes, access other managed classes written in any .NET
language - e.g. C#, and generally do anything else that is possible with the
.NET environment.

These extensions are currently only present in Microsoft's C++ compiler with
Visual Studio .NET, but their support has been quite improved in the
upcoming Everett release of Visual Studio- at least from what I can glance
from my prerelease copy.

Hope this helps,
K. Lilov
Str Library at http://www.utilitycode.com/str

Quote:
> can u give me some introduction about managed c++.what it is and what it
> for.a silly question!

> > Str Library version 2.1.2 has been released on Jan 5, 2003.  Str Library
> is
> > a cross-platform high-performance string class, regular expressions and
> > miscellaneous utilities library for the C++ developer.

> > Probably the most important update in this version is the full support
for
> > managed C++ in Str Library. If you are using Microsoft's latest C++
> compiler
> > and compiling to a managed assembly, you will find that Str Library
works
> > seamlessly with the MSIL compiler, while still offering unsurpassed
speed
> > and functionality.

> > For those of you who write cross-platform code, feature number one is
> > undoubtedly the added capability to compile Str Library-based code with
> GCC
> > 3.2

> > We've also added string array support, a Soundex algorithm for phonetic
> name
> > comparisions, and made various improvements in performance and bugfixes
> > (esp. in library features interoperating with existing MFC code)

> > Download a free evaluation at

http://www.utilitycode.com/str/download.aspx

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:08:49 GMT
 ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2

unmanaged code generates bytecode that runs on the .NET virtual
machine.
('normal' visual C creates executables that are run by the Windows OS
loader - the instructions are native instructions).

.NET bytecode is run by the .NET class loader - and has to pass a
stage
another stage of compilation from .NET bytecode into Intel
instructions.
This stage is performed during runtime (it is called just in time
compilation)
, i.e. when .NET needs to execute the bytecode for the first time -
then it
generates executable code.

Quote:
> can u give me some introduction about managed c++.what it is and what it
> for.a silly question!

> > Str Library version 2.1.2 has been released on Jan 5, 2003.  Str Library
>  is
> > a cross-platform high-performance string class, regular expressions and
> > miscellaneous utilities library for the C++ developer.

> > Probably the most important update in this version is the full support for
> > managed C++ in Str Library. If you are using Microsoft's latest C++
>  compiler
> > and compiling to a managed assembly, you will find that Str Library works
> > seamlessly with the MSIL compiler, while still offering unsurpassed speed
> > and functionality.

> > For those of you who write cross-platform code, feature number one is
> > undoubtedly the added capability to compile Str Library-based code with
>  GCC
> > 3.2

> > We've also added string array support, a Soundex algorithm for phonetic
>  name
> > comparisions, and made various improvements in performance and bugfixes
> > (esp. in library features interoperating with existing MFC code)

> > Download a free evaluation at http://www.utilitycode.com/str/download.aspx

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:23:38 GMT

1. ANN: C++ Str Library updated to 2.1.2

2. ANN: Str Library 2.1.4

3. ANN: sigslot - C++ Portable, Thread-Safe, Type-Safe Signal/Slot Library

4. ANN: C++ Signal/Slot library that can work within MFC classes

5. char **str vs. char *str[]

6. _T(str) vs (CString)str?

7. char *str vs. char str[]

8. Dialogs: m_myCtrl.GetWindowText(str) or GetDlgItemText(IDC_MY_CTRL, str)?

9. str* library functions help

10. ANN: Free DataViewTree Update

11. ANN: hashlib package updated.