Empty dropdowns
Author Message
 Empty dropdowns

HI,

I am not sure where to put this, so I putting it here.
I made a dialog box 2 drop downs via the Dialog Resource
part in C++.  I added the data in the 'Enter listbox
items' as mentioned in the manuals.

Never theless when running the dialogbox I am seeing a
dropdown with the correct size, BUT no text.  What is
going wrong, here ?

I Also tried it via coding with the same result, the
number of white lines resprenting the text.

Can any one help.
THANKS

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:42:42 GMT
 Empty dropdowns

Quote:
> I am not sure where to put this, so I putting it here.
> I made a dialog box 2 drop downs via the Dialog Resource
> part in C++.  I added the data in the 'Enter listbox
> items' as mentioned in the manuals.

> Never theless when running the dialogbox I am seeing a
> dropdown with the correct size, BUT no text.  What is
> going wrong, here ?

Only MFC knows how to use data from "Enter listbox items" field. If you
don't use MFC, you need to add strings to the combos programmatically at
run time.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:47:44 GMT
 Empty dropdowns
Hi,

I guess you mean something like this...
SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, IDC_DEACTREASONS, CB_ADDSTRING,
1, (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) "TEST1");

I tried this one, but just got an white line, No 'TEST1'
mentioned in the drop down.

Sandra

Quote:

simple, neat,
>and wrong." H.L. Mencken

>.

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:15:01 GMT
 Empty dropdowns
The documentation says: wParam - not used, must be zero. You set it to
1. Try zero, though I doubt that's the real reason.

Where do you call SendDlgItemMessage from?
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

> I guess you mean something like this...
> SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, IDC_DEACTREASONS, CB_ADDSTRING,
> 1, (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) "TEST1");

> I tried this one, but just got an white line, No 'TEST1'
> mentioned in the drop down.

> Sandra

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:16:44 GMT

1. dedicated (002b) free list non-empty but marked as empty

2. dropdown list control / dataview problem

3. simple dropdown not displaying bound data

4. Populating a DropDown Control

5. Dropdown ComboBox

6. DropDown Calendar

7. How do I catch the selection in a ToolBar DropDown Button

8. Dropdown Menu in Datagrid

9. DropDown Lists

10. Dropdown Problem

11. Problem Changing Dropdown Width of Combobox

12. How to insert a bit map into a dropdown item space