custom istream class -- force underflow on construct/open?
Author Message
 custom istream class -- force underflow on construct/open?

I've written a set of iostream classes for FTP and I've been wondering
whether I should force underflow() when I open a remote file or if I should
wait for it to be called automatically when the user first attempts a read.
On the one hand, it seems more efficient to not read the data until I'm sure
it's needed, but on the other, functions like gcount() and readsome() won'r
work properly until there's something in the buffer.  Is there a standard
way to deal with this?

Sean

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:09:57 GMT

1. ATL COM Class Final Construct dies with Member Accessor Class

2. Constructing each instance of a class in an array of classes

3. ITextDocument::Open() & Save() fail when passed IStream

4. CRichEditCtrl using ITextDocument interface open with IStream

5. can a construct call another construct?

6. Forcing Custom AppWizard Users to Complete Required Steps Before Clicking Finish

7. Constructing a member out of the class constructor

8. Constructing a class in a static library

9. XSD-generated C# classes using the choice construct

10. Constructing a class in a static library

11. constructing a class that contains itself

12. Force the closure of an open file?