viewing list iterators in debugger
Author Message
 viewing list iterators in debugger

I'm using an STL list iterator in VC++ 6.0 SP1.  Are iterators viewable in
the de{*filter*}?  The iterator cci (see below) shows a +cci, but doesn't expand
to show any values, which makes debugging somewhat challenging!  Thanks.
Ross.

--

struct ConnectedComponent {
 int area;

Quote:
};

list<ConnectedComponent> ccTable;
... // fill ccTable
list<ConnectedComponent>::iterator cci;
cci = ccTable.begin();

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 viewing list iterators in debugger
We discovered a bug in the STL library for VC++ 5.0 and (almost) tracked it
down. Therfore I know that it was possible to expand the iterators in that
version. However when we changed to 6.0 the bug disapeared and so did the
possibility to expand the iterators.
But sorry - we did not spendt the time figuring out the difference (we did
however try the 6.0 STL header file on a 5.0 system and the result was the
same as on 6.0 - no bug - no debug luck).
/Mads Nielsen

Ross Cutler wrote ...

Quote:
>I'm using an STL list iterator in VC++ 6.0 SP1.  Are iterators viewable in
>the de{*filter*}?  The iterator cci (see below) shows a +cci, but doesn't
expand
>to show any values, which makes debugging somewhat challenging!  Thanks.
>Ross.

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. viewing list iterators in debugger

2. Viewing list iterators in Visual Studio

3. How can I dereference an iterator with the debugger

4. stl list iterator problem

5. Some questions regarding map, list, iterators, the universe, and everything

6. C2352 error with clear() method of list iterator

7. list iterator

8. std::list, std::vector, push_back() and associated ::iterator validity

9. Problems with std::list<E>::iterator which requires that E is defines vc++

10. How do I use a list iterator as a map key

11. Negative Iterator in list.