RISC VC++ 5.0 SP3 and Corrupted Libs.
Author Message
 RISC VC++ 5.0 SP3 and Corrupted Libs.

OK,

I have started to do some work with VC++ 5.0 on my Alpha Workstation and I
have noticed that my configuration has a corrupted Libcpd.lib file. What is
odd here is that the Libcp.lib file is just fine, as is the Libcmtd file.
The linker fails with an LNK1127 which is why I assume it is corrupted.

I got the SP3 off of the MSDN CD's and I have not downloaded another one
(given only one file seems to be bad in my distribution and I don't want 40
megs worth of downloads.) If I back down to the non SP3 release (i.e.
standard install from the CD's) it works as well. And I have reinstalled it
twice now.

So if anyone here has bright ideas or can give me a pointer who to ask at MS
I would appreciate it.

Jer,
----
Jerome Jahnke
Center for Research Technologies
Biological Sciences Division IS
The University of Chicago
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jahnke>

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ SP3 compiled EXE has UI bugs on clients WITHOUT VC SP3

2. gethostbyname() Crash Under VC++ 5.0 SP3

3. Compiler out of keys error in VC++ 5.0 SP3

4. Anomaly in VC++ 5.0 SP3

5. BUG report: VC++ 5.0 SP3 erroneously reports c2437 for virtual base classes

6. C2440: Problems after upgrading VC++ 5.0 with SP3

7. BUG(?) Explicit template instantiation problem, VC++ 5.0 SP3

8. How to crash VC++ 5.0 SP3

9. VC++ 5.0 SP3, Internal Error

10. Weird bug in VC 5.0 w/ sp3

11. gethostbyname() Crash Under VC++ 5.0 SP3

12. Weird bug in VC 5.0 w/ sp3