LNK1179
Author Message
 LNK1179

Hi:

I need some help with Visual C++ and STL. I am working with long type
definitions using STL templates, like these:

typedef pair<string, string> StringPair;
typedef list<StringPair> StringPairList;
typedef list<StringPairList> StringPairList2;
typedef map<string, StringPairList2> FormatParamsMap;
typedef map<string, FormatParamsMap> FlowFormPMap;

typedef pair<string, StringPairList> FormatConfigPair;
typedef map<string, FormatConfigPair> FlowConfigMap;

It would take me a long time to explain way I need these types. Anyway, as
you can imagine, I need to disable 4503 warnings, complaining about those
long type names, with this:
#pragma warning(disable:4503);

But, when the linker begins to work, it throws a LNK1179 error, saying
something about invalid or corrupt file: duplicate comdat. I suppose I have
came across one situation in which the 4503 warning is a real one!

At this point, I don't find any help in the MSDN library.

Anyone has a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:56:29 GMT
 LNK1179
Feel free to send me sample source code reproducing the problem. Without a
sample, it may be difficult to diagnose.
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

Quote:
> Hi:

> I need some help with Visual C++ and STL. I am working with long type
> definitions using STL templates, like these:

> typedef pair<string, string> StringPair;
> typedef list<StringPair> StringPairList;
> typedef list<StringPairList> StringPairList2;
> typedef map<string, StringPairList2> FormatParamsMap;
> typedef map<string, FormatParamsMap> FlowFormPMap;

> typedef pair<string, StringPairList> FormatConfigPair;
> typedef map<string, FormatConfigPair> FlowConfigMap;

> It would take me a long time to explain way I need these types. Anyway, as
> you can imagine, I need to disable 4503 warnings, complaining about those
> long type names, with this:
> #pragma warning(disable:4503);

> But, when the linker begins to work, it throws a LNK1179 error, saying
> something about invalid or corrupt file: duplicate comdat. I suppose I
have
> came across one situation in which the 4503 warning is a real one!

> At this point, I don't find any help in the MSDN library.

> Anyone has a solution to this?

> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:17:16 GMT
 LNK1179
hi!

Quote:
> I need some help with Visual C++ and STL. I am working with long type
> definitions using STL templates, like these:

> typedef pair<string, string> StringPair;
> typedef list<StringPair> StringPairList;
> typedef list<StringPairList> StringPairList2;
> typedef map<string, StringPairList2> FormatParamsMap;
> typedef map<string, FormatParamsMap> FlowFormPMap;

> typedef pair<string, StringPairList> FormatConfigPair;
> typedef map<string, FormatConfigPair> FlowConfigMap;

> It would take me a long time to explain way I need these types. Anyway, as
> you can imagine, I need to disable 4503 warnings, complaining about those
> long type names, with this:
> #pragma warning(disable:4503);

that wasn't enough for me to compile a simple application using your
typedefs. i had to use:

#pragma warning(disable: 4786)

--
mr.black's here...

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:41:37 GMT

1. fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file

2. LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT

3. LNK1179 - Compiler bug?

4. LNK1179 error

5. LNK1179 error

6. LNK1179 error problem

7. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

8. LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!

9. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

10. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

11. fatal error LNK1179