How the STL support the multiple threads?
Author Message
 How the STL support the multiple threads?

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:06:51 GMT
 How the STL support the multiple threads?
It is not thread safe by itself.  You have to implement synchronization
mechanisms by hand.

That said, if you understand multithreading well, it is usually fairly easy
to use critical sections / other primitives to achieve your goal.

K. Lilov
Str Library at http://www.utilitycode.com/str

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:58:37 GMT
 How the STL support the multiple threads?
Thanks .
So in this way,I must know how to make a new thread in a real operating
system like win2000,and really find this in the msdn.

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:09:19 GMT
 How the STL support the multiple threads?

Quote:

>Thanks .
>So in this way,I must know how to make a new thread in a real operating
>system like win2000,and really find this in the msdn.

Alternatively you can use a threading library. Probably the best one
to use is boost.threads, which provides threading and synchronisation
classes in a very "C++" way. Something very like boost.threads will be
in the next version of the C++ standard. See www.boost.org

Tom

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:55:27 GMT
 How the STL support the multiple threads?
Thank you

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:19:04 GMT

1. STL: new in thread A, delete in thread B

2. Multiple Threads thru` single thread

3. Spawing multiple threads thru`a thread??

4. STL support for debugger

5. VC7 / .NET support added to STL Message Decryptor

6. Poor STL/Draft Standard support

7. Does VC++4.0 really support STL?

8. Unicode support in STL?

9. STL support with VC7

10. Adding STL support to a Win32 application

11. Hash-based containers and improved VC7 support for the STL Message Decryptor

12. VC7 / .NET support added to STL Message Decryptor