Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error
Author Message
 Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error

I wanted to know if anyone could help me.

I got a problem "Abnormal Program Termination Run Time Error" with my Visual
C++ v6 after I installed the VS6 SP1 Full and tried to run msdev.exe (which
is the program loader for VC++ v6).

--

Best Regards,
Hitarto Kuwawi;

Note: pls kindly reply by email to me if possible

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error
Dear all:

I found out the solution for Windows98 but not for Windows NT
server/workstation.
I still have the same problem for NT. If anyone of you could help me, I
would be extremely grateful to you.

Here is the URL that explain the solution

http://search.microsoft.com/searchbin/kb/mts.idq?D=vstudio&A=T&T=B&G=...
=F&T1=&Sz=kbsetup+and+kbvs600+and+kbvc600&O=Visual+C+Setup+Issues&MSCOM_SRV=
http://www.microsoft.com

Quote:

>I wanted to know if anyone could help me.

>I got a problem "Abnormal Program Termination Run Time Error" with my
Visual
>C++ v6 after I installed the VS6 SP1 Full and tried to run msdev.exe (which
>is the program loader for VC++ v6).

>--

>Best Regards,
>Hitarto Kuwawi;

>Note: pls kindly reply by email to me if possible

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error

Quote:
>I found out the solution for Windows98 but not for Windows NT
>server/workstation.
>I still have the same problem for NT. If anyone of you could help me, I
>would be extremely grateful to you.

Here's what I've experienced:

With NT5 Beta 2, you must install MSVC 6 afterwards. For example, if you
upgrade your Win98 box to NT 5 beta 2, uninstall MSVC 6 from your Win98, and
then reinstall it from within NT 5 beta 2.

If you then install MSVC6 SP1 on your NT 5 beta 2, it will cease to load. I
did get MSVC 6 SP1 to work correctly, by replacing \winnt\system32\mfc42.dll
that SP1 installed, with the dll of the same name from the MSVC 6 CD. Your
mileage may vary of course....

Mario Contestabile

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error

2. Abnormal Program Termination Error -- MS C++ Run Time Library Error

3. Floating point error: Domain. Abnormal program termination

4. Runtime error! abnormal program termination

5. Abnormal program termination for a VB program running in NT Service

6. Run-time errors and abnormal situations in C.

7. PRB: LNK2005 Errors When Link C Run-Time Libraries Are Linked Before MFC Libraries (Q148652)

8. Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library Runtime error! - Program c:\cvi501\cvi.exe abnormal program termination

9. Run-Time Error R6008 with MS VC++ 1.5

10. Is this a run-time library error?

11. Run time Release mode error but no Debug mode error

12. abnormal program termination