Undeclared identifier list?
Author Message
 Undeclared identifier list?

Quote:
> Even if I go and cut and paste the STL code into the top
> of my program, the compiler doesn't believe that the list template has
> been defined.  I've got no clue as to how to tell VC++ to use the darn
> thing.  Any ideas?

Use std::list or bring in the whole std namespace ('using namespace std;').
The first method is generally preferred.

--
Anduin Withers

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:47:46 GMT
 Undeclared identifier list?
I'm using VC++ v6.0.  For the first time I'm trying to use the STL in
a program.  I'm new to STL.  Here's the fun part, I included <list> as
a header include, but the compiler doesn't recognize it as an
identifier.  Even if I go and cut and paste the STL code into the top
of my program, the compiler doesn't believe that the list template has
been defined.  I've got no clue as to how to tell VC++ to use the darn
thing.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bel, the mostly sane..

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:42:40 GMT
 Undeclared identifier list?

Quote:

> I'm using VC++ v6.0.  For the first time I'm trying to use the STL in
> a program.  I'm new to STL.  Here's the fun part, I included <list> as
> a header include, but the compiler doesn't recognize it as an
> identifier.  Even if I go and cut and paste the STL code into the top
> of my program, the compiler doesn't believe that the list template has
> been defined.  I've got no clue as to how to tell VC++ to use the darn
> thing.  Any ideas?

The name of the STL list is std::list.

--
Pete Becker

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 05:43:49 GMT
 Undeclared identifier list?
On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:47:46 -0700, "Anduin Withers"

Quote:

>> Even if I go and cut and paste the STL code into the top
>> of my program, the compiler doesn't believe that the list template has
>> been defined.  I've got no clue as to how to tell VC++ to use the darn
>> thing.  Any ideas?

>Use std::list or bring in the whole std namespace ('using namespace std;').
>The first method is generally preferred.

Thank you very much!  I would haven't guess that in a million years.

Sincerely,
Bel, the mostly sane..

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:22:05 GMT
 Undeclared identifier list?

Quote:

>> I'm using VC++ v6.0.  For the first time I'm trying to use the STL in
>> a program.  I'm new to STL.  Here's the fun part, I included <list> as
>> a header include, but the compiler doesn't recognize it as an
>> identifier.  Even if I go and cut and paste the STL code into the top
>> of my program, the compiler doesn't believe that the list template has
>> been defined.  I've got no clue as to how to tell VC++ to use the darn
>> thing.  Any ideas?

>The name of the STL list is std::list.

Most appreciative of your time.  I wouldn't have thought of this.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Bel, the mostly sane..

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:22:47 GMT

1. 'mmapset' : undeclared identifier;'time_t' : undeclared identifier

2. error C2065: 'sqrt': undeclared identifier

3. Strange error "undeclared identifier" and HCRYPTPROV

4. error C2065: DBFILETIME undeclared identifier

5. error C2065: 'DIID__IMessangerEvents' : undeclared identifier

6. ODBC_CONFIG_SYS_DSN undeclared identifier

7. undeclared identifier error

8. error C2065: '_com_dispatch_method' : undeclared identifier

9. undeclared identifiers error if #include another .h file!

10. 'AfxConnectionAdvise' : undeclared identifier

11. 'swprintf' : undeclared identifier during release build

12. InternalAddRef' : undeclared identifier