#include <vector> warnings?
Author Message
 #include <vector> warnings?

Hi,

I am having some problems with '#include <vector>', the code in 'vector' is
causing a lot of warnings in VC++6, does anybody know where I can get an
updated set of files?
The problems are also in 'xmemory', 'xlocal' and so on, (all due to #include
<vector>), I hate any warnings but those come from the VC++ code, not mine.

the warnings are 4100, 4663, and 4018. (around 70 of them).

Should I not use vectors?, is there a better replacement?

#pragma disable warning.... is not very good as i consider bugs to be just
as bad as bugs

Thanks
Florent

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:53:09 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?

Quote:
>I am having some problems with '#include <vector>', the code in 'vector' is
>causing a lot of warnings in VC++6, does anybody know where I can get an
>updated set of files?
>The problems are also in 'xmemory', 'xlocal' and so on, (all due to #include
><vector>), I hate any warnings but those come from the VC++ code, not mine.

>the warnings are 4100, 4663, and 4018. (around 70 of them).

Florent,

It's currently virtually impossible to compile any STL code at W4 with
VC6.

The STL with VC7 Beta 1 does make this possible. For now, the only
practical option is to compile at W3.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:58:32 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?
What does the w4 and w3 mean?

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:31:58 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?

Quote:
>What does the w4 and w3 mean?

Warning level 4/3.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:05:58 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?
Thanks
I have the VC7 beta 1, is it worth changing my project fo it, or am i been
too dificult.

Florent Guelfucci

Quote:
> >I am having some problems with '#include <vector>', the code in 'vector'
is
> >causing a lot of warnings in VC++6, does anybody know where I can get an
> >updated set of files?
> >The problems are also in 'xmemory', 'xlocal' and so on, (all due to
#include
> ><vector>), I hate any warnings but those come from the VC++ code, not
mine.

> >the warnings are 4100, 4663, and 4018. (around 70 of them).

> Florent,

> It's currently virtually impossible to compile any STL code at W4 with
> VC6.

> The STL with VC7 Beta 1 does make this possible. For now, the only
> practical option is to compile at W3.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 21:23:34 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?

Quote:
>I have the VC7 beta 1, is it worth changing my project fo it, or am i been
>too dificult.

If you have the time it's worth trying - but remember it's a beta and
has some bugs, so you shouldn't assume you can switch from VC6 just
yet.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:21:07 GMT
 #include <vector> warnings?
Never switch tools in mid-air. Plus it's beta--are you crazy or something?

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:22:59 GMT

1. #include <vector> warnings?

2. #include <vector> warnings?

3. Warnings for std::vector<std::string>

4. vector<bool> warning

5. STL <vector> compiler warning

6. Compiler warning with vector<string>

7. vector<bool> warning

8. Basic STL #include <vector> problem

9. include<vector>

10. problem whith include<vector>

11. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

12. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP