error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
Author Message
 error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

Hi,

I created VC++ (Version 7.0) project with MFC.
MFC is used becuase I have to include <afxdb.h> -
- I'm using CDatabase and CRecorset to use ODBC DB access.
The project has a lot of template classes, STL containers
and algorithms.

I have these messages on a linking phase:

DM error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned

(newop.obj)

DM error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned

(newaop.obj)

DM fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined
symbols found.

Thank you,
Sergei

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:00 GMT
 error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

Quote:
> I created VC++ (Version 7.0) project with MFC.
> MFC is used becuase I have to include <afxdb.h> -
> - I'm using CDatabase and CRecorset to use ODBC DB access.
> The project has a lot of template classes, STL containers
> and algorithms.

> I have these messages on a linking phase:

> DM error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned

> (newop.obj)

See if this helps: KB Article Q148652 "PRB: LNK2005 Errors When Link C
Run-Time Libraries Are Linked Before MFC Libraries"
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:50:00 GMT

1. Help with compiler error: fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

2. DM fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

3. CL: template bug: fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

4. fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

5. PRB: Multiply defined symbols found when linking in debug mode

6. Linker error - multiply defined symbols with cross-language app

7. Linking Errors and Multiply Defined Symbols Inquiry

8. Multiply defined symbols in VS 7.0 with derived class from templated container

9. Multiply defined symbols in VS 7.0 with derived class from templated container

10. Problem: Multiply defined symbols

11. Getting around MULTIPLY DEFINED SYMBOLS in the linker...

12. Problem with multiply defined symbol in