Dave L - Static Problem Update
Author Message
 Dave L - Static Problem Update

Dave-

I have been messing around with those static texts and have found a few wierd
anomolies.  First, one of the static controls(the static picture) was being
hidden by the group box.
Second, most of my static text controls I had center horz. and vert.
I changed that to just a center horz. and some of them showed up.  I put borders
around them all to see what of the control was being displayed for the rest of
them.  Here's the querky part.  It does not matter whether these controls are in
a group box or not, the dialog will draw the borders around the text, but not the
text.  I am stumped on this once again.  It just does not make sense.  I would
assume it was the emulator, but why would it draw some correctly and others not?
Would it matter that the changing of the text during run time is loaded from
items on a string table?

thanks for all the help and thought you have given to this,

Michael

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:36:24 GMT
 Dave L - Static Problem Update

Quote:
>I have been messing around with those static texts and have found a few wierd
>anomolies.  First, one of the static controls(the static picture) was being
>hidden by the group box.
>Second, most of my static text controls I had center horz. and vert.
>I changed that to just a center horz. and some of them showed up.  I put borders
>around them all to see what of the control was being displayed for the rest of
>them.  Here's the querky part.  It does not matter whether these controls are in
>a group box or not, the dialog will draw the borders around the text, but not the
>text.  I am stumped on this once again.
>It just does not make sense.

I concur! :)

Quote:
>I would
>assume it was the emulator, but why would it draw some correctly and others not?

I'm afraid I don't know, but the advice I got was not to rely on the
emulator - you really need the target device to be certain of the
behaviour you're going to get.

Quote:
>Would it matter that the changing of the text during run time is loaded from
>items on a string table?

I don't believe it should - assuming all you're doing is a
SetWindowText on the controls.

You might get some more authoritative comments if you post a new query
in the CE newsgroups - microsoft.public.windowsce.xxx

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:32:49 GMT
 Dave L - Static Problem Update
Dave--

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:06:07 GMT

1. Dave Got Better Since Bleach!!1!!!!!!

2. Dave Mark

3. QuickModel Authors - Dave Springer, John Tytler

4. One Problem in Calling Static function from Non static function

5. updating a static text box in MFC

6. Updating Static Controls in a Dialog

7. Updating a static control

8. Updating Static Control Color Real-Time :: MFC

9. Update Static text in runtime by case

10. updating a static text box in MFC

11. about the namespace System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp

12. C equivalent of "ls *.c"