MDI "Window" menu
Author Message
 MDI "Window" menu

I am using VC++ 5.0 and MFC on NT 4.0 platform.
Is there any way of overriding the default MDI frame "Window" menu ?.
I am interested especially in overriding Window/Windows... submenu.
I know that MDI Window menu is provided by the operating system rather then
MFC, but I have the requirement to change it's behaviour ?. Any suggestions
welcome.
Janusz

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI "Window" menu

Quote:

> Is there any way of overriding the default MDI frame "Window" menu ?.
> I am interested especially in overriding Window/Windows... submenu.

  You can get the system menu with something like this in your frame window:

        CMenu* pMenu = GetSystemMenu( FALSE );

From there you can use pMenu to manipulate the system menu.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI "Window" menu
Yes, this is true, however I would like to modify not that much system menu
as windows "Window" menu, which is controled by windows OS,  not by my app.

Quote:

>> Is there any way of overriding the default MDI frame "Window" menu ?.
>> I am interested especially in overriding Window/Windows... submenu.

>  You can get the system menu with something like this in your frame
window:

> CMenu* pMenu = GetSystemMenu( FALSE );

>From there you can use pMenu to manipulate the system menu.

>Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
>To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI "Window" menu
Check the MDISetMenu() fucntion

Regards,
Anupama

Quote:

>I am using VC++ 5.0 and MFC on NT 4.0 platform.
>Is there any way of overriding the default MDI frame "Window" menu ?.
>I am interested especially in overriding Window/Windows... submenu.
>I know that MDI Window menu is provided by the operating system rather then
>MFC, but I have the requirement to change it's behaviour ?. Any suggestions
>welcome.
>Janusz

Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hidden MDI windows "break" Window Menu

2. Need "container" for MDI Window

3. Docs dissappearing from the "Window" menu

4. Docs dissappearing from the "Window" menu

5. Hiding the "Window" menu entry of an MDI Child Window

6. Supress "save changes" in MDI

7. Catching "Ctrl + Tab" in MDI

8. Catching "Ctrl + Tab" in MDI

9. remove() vrs fopen("""w")