Multiple Dialog Template Form View Question
Author Message
 Multiple Dialog Template Form View Question

    I have a program wherein I have created a Form View SDI application and
everything works properly.  However, I would like to be able to have an
application where I can have many Form Views and toggle between the views at
run time.  Also all of the views would have to be dialog template based so
that I can us the ActiveX controls that I have developed.  What I have done
is added different document and view classes in my InitiInstance call in my
MDI application.  The problem here is that if I run the application, the
starting Form View must be selected by the user at run time.  I would like
to select which Form View is displayed through my program.

Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Dialog Template Form View Question

Quote:

>     I have a program wherein I have created a Form View SDI application and
> everything works properly.  However, I would like to be able to have an
> application where I can have many Form Views and toggle between the views at
> run time.  Also all of the views would have to be dialog template based so
> that I can us the ActiveX controls that I have developed.   I would like
> to select which Form View is displayed through my program.

It is possible to swap views in an SDI app.  Take a look at the following in
the Knowledgebase:

Q99562  - INFO: Switching Views in a Single Document Interface Program
Q141333   - SAMPLE: VSWAP Demos Multiple-View Switching in SDI

The idea here is that you only need one document and you just swap the view
that's looking at it.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get access to a view's member var from another view using multiple templates

2. should I use multiple views or multiple dialogs?

3. Multiple Form Views

4. Multiple Form View

5. MDI Document template with multiple views?

6. Multiple Form Views in a SDI App

7. Help - Using Multiple Forms With Doc/View Architecture

8. One doc template with multiple views

9. Help Using multiple form views

10. Different dialog-template resource for a class derived form CFormView

11. How to handle multiple modal dialogs from nonmodal forms in one application

12. Multiple dialog templates in one CFormView