newbie question, plz help
Author Message
 newbie question, plz help

Hi
I have created a MDI project with multiple SDI,  i managed to create
dynamics Listbox on Childframe. But i don't use Cview and i think that my
solution is bad to make a data treatment .
Can you explain to me how to use the Cview class?
And where i should put my code about dynamic Listbox?

thanks
Nico

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:13:16 GMT
 newbie question, plz help
    Hi. Well first you should get a book on MFC :) but I can explain a bit
here. When you create a project with Document/View support, you create
templates for each document type you want to manipulate. 3 classes are
created for you, CChildFrm, CAppNameDoc and CChildView. The first class is
the MDI child window frame, you can reuse it in any document template or
create a new one for each. Then you have a CDocument-derived class; this
class is the document itself where you handle _the document_ data, no
drawing there, just the document related stuff. Finally you have a
CView-derived class, this is where you draw your document, you can call it's
GetDocument method to get a pointer to the document class. If you're going
to add dynamic controls I would suggest making them children of the CView
class.

Hope this was any informationfull.

Quote:
> Hi
> I have created a MDI project with multiple SDI,  i managed to create
> dynamics Listbox on Childframe. But i don't use Cview and i think that my
> solution is bad to make a data treatment .
> Can you explain to me how to use the Cview class?
> And where i should put my code about dynamic Listbox?

> thanks
> Nico

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:15:44 GMT
 newbie question, plz help
Thanks Eric
I used the CView and it's ok.

ps: i have a book on MFC but my english is not enough good :( and it have
1400 pages, i don't have the time to read it.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:00:52 GMT

1. URGENT ! HELP NEWBIE plz - easy dialog question

2. problem with function for newbie..plz help

3. CMSComm the newbie killer *g* - HELP plz !!!

4. plz rephrase these questions...

5. Help Me PLZ

6. Problem Printing plz help

7. help me plz with richeditctrl component

8. C++ .net projects PLZ HELP

9. read input from user?, plz help

10. Help Plz :) How to fire an .exe file?

11. Help plz!

12. Cookies Help Plz