Transparent Toolbar
Author Message
 Transparent Toolbar

Env: VC++ 6.0 SP2, Win9x

Hi,

I've created a project using VC++ 6.0 which uses the new flat toolbars. This is
the new type of toolbar available in VC++ 6.0 and it wasn't there in VC++ 5.0. I
created a setup for it using InstallShield and tried installing it on another
system. To my shock, I found that the toolbar was not being painted on that
system and the entire area was transparent and showing the contents of the
desktop!!

I shipped the following DLLs -- MFC42.DLL, COMCTL32.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL,
MSVCRT.DLL.

Do I need to ship some other DLL as well ? If not, why am I facing such a
strange problem ??

Awaiting an early reply.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Anuj Seth

begin 666 Anuj Seth.vcf
<encoded_portion_removed>

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Toolbar
I think I have a similar or related problem to your transparent toolbars.
I'm also experimenting with the new toolbars (rebars), so I First tried to
modify the MFCIE example and tried to add a bitmap to the toolbar background.
When I ran the application the toolbar background was completely transparent.
I tried implement this feature using a several different approaches but it is still
not working.
Then I thought lets start from scratch and create a completely new app maybe there
is
something 'strange' in the MFCIE example.
So that's what  I did.  Initially the app and toolbars looked OK, but when I tried
to add
a background bitmap to the toolbar, the area around the toolbar grippers became
transparent leaving the toolbars themselves unchanged (gray and no bitmap in the
background).
However the reason for this might be that I didn't change the toolbar style to
transparent yet,
which would mean that the whole toolbar would be transparent again.

So I don't have a clear answer to you problem either, therefore I would be very
interested in
any solution you have received or might receive in the future.

Maurice van Soest

Quote:

> Env: VC++ 6.0 SP2, Win9x

> Hi,

> I've created a project using VC++ 6.0 which uses the new flat toolbars. This is
> the new type of toolbar available in VC++ 6.0 and it wasn't there in VC++ 5.0. I
> created a setup for it using InstallShield and tried installing it on another
> system. To my shock, I found that the toolbar was not being painted on that
> system and the entire area was transparent and showing the contents of the
> desktop!!

> I shipped the following DLLs -- MFC42.DLL, COMCTL32.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL,
> MSVCRT.DLL.

> Do I need to ship some other DLL as well ? If not, why am I facing such a
> strange problem ??

> Awaiting an early reply.

> Thanks in advance.

> With Regards,

> Anuj Seth

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TBSTYLE_FLAT, and Transparent Toolbars

2. how to make Transparent toolbar button

3. Transparent toolbar buttons

4. Transparent Toolbar Bitmaps

5. Transparent Toolbar

6. Transparent toolbar buttons - color of window

7. transparent bitmap on toolbar button

8. Change Toolbar's transparent (screen) color

9. Transparent Rebar/Toolbar (MFC VC++ 6.0)

10. Transparent icons not transparent ?

11. Toolbar into another Toolbar?

12. Toolbar button shows up after toolbar is moved????