Create a new font
Author Message
 Create a new font

Hi!

I would like to create my own font, i.e. create bitmaps that could be
connected to the characters on the keyboard.

Moreover, I know how to find the height of a specific font, but I would like
to get the exact width of a specific character, let's say 'X'.

If someone could help me with these issues, I would be pleased!

Johan ?hrmalm

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Create a new font

If you want to create a bitmap font, start with FONTEDIT.EXE (which ships
with VC++). This will create a .FNT file, which you will need to compile and
link to create a .FON file. The instructions for this step are in knowledge
base article "Q76535 SAMPLE: MyFont.exe - Creating a Custom Raster Font".
You'll need to dig up the 16-bit tools mentioned in the article to do this.
If you want to create a TrueType font, you'll need to get a third party font
editor.

To get the widths of individual characters in a font, select the font into a
device context and use functions like CDC::GetCharABCWidths,
CDC::GetCharWidth, or CDC::GetOutputCharWidth.

--Carter

Quote:
> Hi!

> I would like to create my own font, i.e. create bitmaps that could be
> connected to the characters on the keyboard.

> Moreover, I know how to find the height of a specific font, but I would
like
> to get the exact width of a specific character, let's say 'X'.

> If someone could help me with these issues, I would be pleased!

> Johan ?hrmalm

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I create a new font?

2. How to create font independent of large/small fonts

3. Q: How to create a new window / a new window handle

4. Shell Command: How to open a new IE window instead of creating a new IT application

5. Q: How to create a new window / a new window handle

6. How to manually create a new document without click on the File new

7. Q: How to create a new window / a new window handle

8. Problems creating a new window with CWnd::Create

9. New Version of the Crystal Programming Font

10. Cannot add new resource font at Windows 3.1

11. adding a new font

12. Problem with Courier New font