Problem with TreeView
Author Message
 Problem with TreeView

Hi.
My name is Oliver Tonet, and I am a Ph.D. student from Pisa.
I am facing the same problem with the tree view control: i get
only 16-colors icons even if the icons show up perfectly on VC.

I read the Anti_Snoop's reply, but since I'm using a 16 bit
display depth, I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm not
experienced in programming MFC: is there something obvious I am
missing?

Can someone help me out?

TIA & regards,
                Oliver

 | Env: Win95/98, VC++ 5.0 & 6.0 SP2
 |
 | Hi,
 |
 | I'm facing a very strange problem with a tree view control that I'm using in a
 | project. The bitmaps used in the treeview are all 256 colour bitmaps. If I use a
 | colour depth of 256-colours then the tree control shows these bitmaps in only
 | 16-colours!! They come up in 256-colours only if I set the depth to 16-bit or
 | mode.
 |
 | Why is this ?
 |
 | I've tried all those ILC_ modes with any success, and since they work in 16-bit
 | mode why should they not work in 256-colour mode when the bitmaps are using only
 | 256-colours.
 |
 | Just as an example, orange comes up as yellow. DevStudio shows these bitmaps
 | perfectly when using the resource editor even in 256-colour mode.
 |
 | Has anyone faced this problem? Does anyone know a solution for this ?

   ,-~~-.__.    Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
  / |  '    \   Oliver Tonet, Dr.        | Voice ++39 050 883 412
 (  )        0  MiTech Lab/S.Anna - Pisa | Fax   ++39 050 883 402
  \_/-, ,---'   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with TreeView
You probably need to use a different ILC_ mode when you're setting up your
CImageList.  You can find the ILC_ modes listed in the online help.  I've
never tried loading a CImageList with high color images, so I don't know
offhand what the exact one you want would be.

- Anti_Snoop

Quote:
>Hi.
>My name is Oliver Tonet, and I am a Ph.D. student from Pisa.
>I am facing the same problem with the tree view control: i get
>only 16-colors icons even if the icons show up perfectly on VC.

>I read the Anti_Snoop's reply, but since I'm using a 16 bit
>display depth, I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm not
>experienced in programming MFC: is there something obvious I am
>missing?

>Can someone help me out?

>TIA & regards,
> Oliver

> | Env: Win95/98, VC++ 5.0 & 6.0 SP2
> |
> | Hi,
> |
> | I'm facing a very strange problem with a tree view control that I'm
using in a
> | project. The bitmaps used in the treeview are all 256 colour bitmaps. If
I use a
> | colour depth of 256-colours then the tree control shows these bitmaps in
only
> | 16-colours!! They come up in 256-colours only if I set the depth to
16-bit or
> | mode.
> |
> | Why is this ?
> |
> | I've tried all those ILC_ modes with any success, and since they work in
16-bit
> | mode why should they not work in 256-colour mode when the bitmaps are
using only
> | 256-colours.
> |
> | Just as an example, orange comes up as yellow. DevStudio shows these
bitmaps
> | perfectly when using the resource editor even in 256-colour mode.
> |
> | Has anyone faced this problem? Does anyone know a solution for this ?

>   ,-~~-.__.    Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
>  / |  '    \   Oliver Tonet, Dr.        | Voice ++39 050 883 412
> (  )        0  MiTech Lab/S.Anna - Pisa | Fax   ++39 050 883 402
>  \_/-, ,---'   http://www-mitech.sssup.it/informal/oly

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with TreeView

2. Problem with TreeView