inexplicable crashing
Author Message
 inexplicable crashing

I'm having a problem which keeps crashing my MFC program.

On selection of a certain menu operation, the program lets the user fill out a series of dialogue boxes.
The user is then asked to click on the the part of the window (s)he'd like to place a newly created object through a
dialogue box.

Once OK is selected on this dialogue box the program crashes.  I find this a bit strange as the code for the
dialogue boxes and to handle the mouse messages has not been changed significantly since it had previously been
 working.
Using the de{*filter*}, I found that it crashes within Wincore.cpp near the end of AfxCallWndProc at the line:

        pThreadState->m_lastSentMsg = oldState;

The contents of pThreadstate seem to be corrupted "Expression cannot be evaluated".

I can't seem to link this crash with any particular line of my code.  Has anyone any ideas?

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Inexplicable crashing

2. Inexplicable System call failure - HELP - expert needed

3. Inexplicable system call failure! HELP-Expert Needed

4. Inexplicable linker error

5. Inexplicable error???

6. Inexplicable behavior using DAO and MFC.

7. Inexplicable copy constructor problem with STL allocator

8. Inexplicable close of IDE when pasting controls

9. DOA app crashes with a Kernel Crash on exit

10. Crash, always crashes!

11. Narrowed down plop plop crash crash I think.

12. DOA app crashes with a Kernel Crash on exit