Is it simple to create an ActiveX ctrl which emulates a rich edit ctrl?
Author Message
 Is it simple to create an ActiveX ctrl which emulates a rich edit ctrl?

You'll be happy with my reply then. : )
Yes, just create an ActiveX/MFC control project; and one of the options for
your controls is another MFC control to derive from. You'll see that
CRichEditCtrl is in there. Have fun! : )

Cheers,
--
Roberto E. Olivares
Intelligent Robotics Laboratory

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Is it simple to create an ActiveX ctrl which emulates a rich edit ctrl?

I'm using Centura which is a development tool that does not supports edit
controls greater than 64K. Well, unless I'm running the application under
WinNT, but that's not possible because it must also run under Win95.

I'm a rookie with VC++ 5.0 and MFC but I find it remarkable how it can
generate a Rich Edit SDI program as well as a basic Circle ActiveX control.
This is great!

I thought of combining the two, somehow. If I could design an ActiveX
control that contains an MFC Rich Edit control would be great, because it
would support text greater than 64K, as well as different colours and fonts
and so on.

Does anyone know how to design such a thing? Would I generate an MFC ActiveX
control and code up support for a Rich Edit control, or would I generate a
Rich Edit SDI program and somehow convert it into a ActiveX control?

Thanks, Tony.

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is it simple to create an ActiveX ctrl which emulates a rich edit ctrl?

2. linking Combo Box Ctrl with Edit Ctrl???

3. ATL Dialog and Rich Edit Ctrl

4. Line Spacing In Rich Edit Ctrls

5. EN_LINK not working with rich edit ctrl

6. Rich Edit Ctrl

7. Transparent Rich Edit Ctrl

8. rich edit ctrl scrolling

9. rich edit ctrl