Qestion: why isn't PreCreateWindow() called here
Author Message
 Qestion: why isn't PreCreateWindow() called here

Hi, there, I am trying make a Dialog-based application. Since the dialog
template was created as a property page, I attempted to modify the windows
style to "POPUP" instead of "CHILD". But to my surprise the virtual function
CWnd::PreCreateWindow() is never called.

Dear gurus, please give me a hand.

Tim

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Qestion: why isn't PreCreateWindow() called here

Quote:
>Hi, there, I am trying make a Dialog-based application. Since the dialog
>template was created as a property page, I attempted to modify the windows
>style to "POPUP" instead of "CHILD". But to my surprise the virtual function
>CWnd::PreCreateWindow() is never called.

Tim,

Have you tried doing it in OnInitDialog instead?

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Qestion: why isn't PreCreateWindow() called here

Quote:
>Hi, there, I am trying make a Dialog-based application. Since the dialog
>template was created as a property page, I attempted to modify the windows
>style to "POPUP" instead of "CHILD". But to my surprise the virtual function
>CWnd::PreCreateWindow() is never called.

It's never called because when creating a dialog from a template,
the underlying window is created and then attached to an MFC
CWnd structure. Since the window has already been created,
it's inappropriate for MFC to call PreCreateWindow.

See if you can do the necessary processing in OnInitDialog instead.

 - Katy

--
Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why isn't PreCreateWindow called

2. Why isn't OnDraw/OnPaint called?

3. CPropertySheet OnOK-method isn't called, why?

4. PreCreateWindow - Why is it called twice for CMDIFrameWnd

5. NULL isn't 0/0 isn't NULL

6. Should CMainFrame's PreCreateWindow() get called twice ?

7. why isn't stdio full-duplex?

8. Top Left Icon - Why Isn't it Showing Up Correctly

9. Why isn't malloc necessary here?

10. HELP - why isn't ld working

11. why isn't there a strcasestr ?

12. Why isn't there a ->= operator?